My Volitan Tank

spanko

Renee, you must spend a lot of time in pruning mode to keep the algae at bay, especially the Caulerpa, and keep the tank so clean looking. Knowing you affinity for the strange and unusual critters are there any in this tank? Pretty tube anemone by the way!

cranberry

I think I spend my life pruning macro. All 9 of my tanks have macro in them. What's really sad is that I can't share much of it besides the razor and the reds.
LOL... I have nothing strange in this tank :)

leopard_babe

When people say... can I keep a lion in my 30 gallon, you should so them that pix. That way they can see how much room they really need.
I had caulerpa before, how do you anchor it? I tried squeezing hit in the rocks, but it would float away.
Lions are my favorite. Yours is awesome!!!

cranberry

Everyone should buy a nerf ball and stick 7 inch wings on either size and see how well it fits in a 30. Actually, he's in a 30 g QT tank right now.... I should take a picture. He got ich after the skimmer shut off. I have no idea where he got it from because he's never been with another fish... the last one he saw was 4 years ago. I don't feed him live fish. And that tank is a couple of years old and was cycled for 2-3 months before he went in meeting the fallow period.
Thankfully he is okay.
And thanks! I have a soft spot for them too....

cranberry

A 65 or a 70.... he's soon gonna need tank #4. I was hoping to hold off until next year.... but it looks like he grew again.

prime311

Lol I don't think anyone around here would recommend keeping a Volitans in a 30. Maybe a Dwarf Lion, but not a big boy like that. Nice tank!