MY Water Paraments.

wocka

i just got xenia and it isnt looking good. so i was told to post my paraments. i have a 20g with 65w pc.
alkalinity-14
ammonia-0
calcium-400
nitrate-5
nitrite-0
PH-8.1
phosphates- they just put a " -- "
salinity 1.023

j-cal

This might be more curiosity than an answer but do you use tap water or ro/di? from all my years at my lfs it seems that some people just dont do xenia well despite keeping more "difficult" corals. it seems like mroe of these people use rodi. This leads me to think that xenia like slightly "dirtier" water with more nutrients. i dont know a real answer tho

wocka

i use RO water but the truck hasnt been around to fill up my jugs. so i had to add a gallon of tap to get the top off good

fishfishkc

Do you have them in light,moderate, or high water flow?? Mine seem to do best in moderate flow compared to light flow.

wocka

i can put flow on them, but it knockes them down. they get some flow once in a while to make them move

golfish

Xenia are a hit and mis coral. Some do well and some don't.
How long has the tank been setup?
You said "they just put a " -- " who's they?

fishfishkc

I wouldnt put the flow directly on them but put them close so they sway back in forth gently in the current. Your lighting should be okay so if that doesnt work you may have to try putting them in a few different spots before they find a place they really like.

wocka

should i have to worry after the 4th day there poylps finger things are this skinny ||.. or do they just need to get used to the tank