My wife rocks!

bgrae001

Originally Posted by mopar9012
Nice tank....Are those purple flower pots i see? And another one in the 2nd post 2nd pic?
I have 2 purple flower pots, and 1 green daisy. The flower pots are connected together.

1fast300z

Thats awsome man. As you probably already know when you set up your 125 or whatever you end up getting BE SURE to use all the water from your 55 to start filling up the new tank. That water will be great to help it cycle really fast, of course you will probably use the filters/dirty media with the new aquarium so this probably wont even be an issue.
Good Luck.

bgrae001

Originally Posted by 1fast300z
Thats awsome man. As you probably already know when you set up your 125 or whatever you end up getting BE SURE to use all the water from your 55 to start filling up the new tank. That water will be great to help it cycle really fast, of course you will probably use the filters/dirty media with the new aquarium so this probably wont even be an issue.
Good Luck.
I'm going to keep the 55gal the way it is a reef tank and the larger tank will be a fish only setup. I'm going to have about a 3in sand bed that I'll seed from other tank. I'll put the water I collect from my 55 during water changes in the larger one at first.

bgrae001

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
So is the tank going to be all glass or arylic? Got any pics of the tang and the butterfly?

Here is the best pic I could get of the powder blue tang.

mopar9012

Originally Posted by bgrae001
I have 2 purple flower pots, and 1 green daisy. The flower pots are connected together.
I heard those are close to impossible to keep in captivity. I had one but gave it back to the LFS.

gnorman

how has the PBT been for you? my LFS always seem to have a bunch of them. i asked the owner how he does it and he said... feed feed feed. always keep them feed and you'll be fine.

bgrae001

Originally Posted by GNorman
how has the PBT been for you? my LFS always seem to have a bunch of them. i asked the owner how he does it and he said... feed feed feed. always keep them feed and you'll be fine.
What is PBT?

bgrae001

Originally Posted by mopar9012
I heard those are close to impossible to keep in captivity. I had one but gave it back to the LFS.
My LFS has a bunch of these, I've been feeding it phytoplankton every night. It seems to be happy. The books I have say they don't do too well in captivity, unless you feed them.

bgrae001

powder blue tanggg

Oh I got it, duh. I love it. It eats just fine and leaves my corals alone. It's my wifes favorite fish.

gnorman

yeah i still dont know what im going to do yet with the tangs. im trying to decide from the blond naso from the red sea, the sohal, or the powder blue tang. i want the powder blue tang but im just so worried that it will get ich and not only die but destroy my tank as well... should i take the chance and just be sure to feed it 2-3 times a day or just go with a sohal or naso?

bgrae001

Tough decision. I love the naso too. If your worried about the powder blue keep it in a QT for a few weeks first. I kept my atlantic blue in QT till I got my powder blue and introduced them together. So far so good, I'll just pray that they stay healthy.

gnorman

well unfortunately we don't have a QT tank... i know i know, but we just set up our 150g and well we didn't do a qt and i don't see us every getting one. so i hope we have luck. yeah i love the naso's too, and i guess they are mostly peaceful. the main fish in the tank are going to be a tongan puffer ( like the valintini but a little different in color, same personality tho) a female blue jaw trigger, and a emperor angel. and then 2 percs, some kinda goby and 5 blue green chromis

maelv

bgrae001, that is great that you're getting a larger tank. I had a 42 for several months and jumped into a 135 that is cycling now. What are your plans after you have spent all that time, effort, and money and have to PCS (permanant change of station - aka move for non military folks) back to the US? We have been to Ansbach before (her father was stationed there) and we love Germany. We were actually stationed in Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base (about an hour and fifteen minutes NW of Koln) for several years and would love to get back there.....either way, congrats. And I just bought a 10 gallon tank from Wally-world for 10 bucks and will set it up here shortly....

azfishgal

It's the other way around for me, I have an awesome husband. He's building the stand for my 125 gallon tank right now (can see my "diary" in the picture forum). I've been doing freshwater for a few years and decided I wanted to try salt. So I decided bigger was better and he agreed!
Your tanks are awesome looking, can't wait to see the big one up.
Blessings to you and your wife for the service you have given to this country. We are forever in your debt.

azfishgal

well unfortunately we don't have a QT tank... i know i know, but we just set up our 150g and well we didn't do a qt and i don't see us every getting one. so i hope we have luck. yeah i love the naso's too, and i guess they are mostly peaceful. the main fish in the tank are going to be a tongan puffer ( like the valintini but a little different in color, same personality tho) a female blue jaw trigger, and a emperor angel. and then 2 percs, some kinda goby and 5 blue green chromis
:scared: For a tank that size you can't afford NOT to get a QT. Your luck WILL run out. It's not a matter of "if" but "when." The day you have to take apart your entire 150 gallon because of ich or some other illness will be the day you kick yourself.
Just remember all the money you are putting into that tank, do you really want to flush it down the toilet.
OK, I'm done.

bgrae001

Originally Posted by maelv
bgrae001, that is great that you're getting a larger tank. I had a 42 for several months and jumped into a 135 that is cycling now. What are your plans after you have spent all that time, effort, and money and have to PCS (permanant change of station - aka move for non military folks) back to the US? We have been to Ansbach before (her father was stationed there) and we love Germany. We were actually stationed in Geilenkirchen NATO Air Base (about an hour and fifteen minutes NW of Koln) for several years and would love to get back there.....either way, congrats. And I just bought a 10 gallon tank from Wally-world for 10 bucks and will set it up here shortly....
I know some people in my unit think I'm crazy for setting up this tank. Because of deployment schedule I will more than likely be here for 6 years. That is a long time to go without my fish, besides I stored 2 of my other tanks before I came here. Anyway, I figure that because we have everything shipped here how bad could it be to ship all my live stock back to the states. I'm planning on selling my corals before I leave and shipping my fish. Were going to buy a house in the states a couple of months before we PCS. Then My wife and kids will leave early, she'll set up the other tanks and cycle them. Then I'll ship her the fish, Air Cargo. My live rock and tanks will be shipped by the Army. It will take about a month to get. I had the movers make a special crate for my 55g. Also I have supplemental insurance, so if it breaks, I get replacement value.