My Work Tank, 40 Breeder

jj_harrison

I set up a tank at work... I Have some down time so I put in a nice tank Its a Breeder 40 with 35lbs live Rock, a Cascade 1500 and UV, 2 70w HQI Metal Halides and 2 36" 420 Actinics, and an auto top off with a float valve that kicks on a mag 7 in a 5 gallon bucket of ro/di. I dose Sea balance and do 5 gallon change every week.
the 2.5 is the first tank i brought in, it was run on a small canister filter I dont remember what kind.
This is day one about Three weeks ago.

nwdyr

well you must be the boss Huh?
I would not mind sitting at a desk all day if I had a tank that size on it! good luck , look forward to seeing more pic's

jj_harrison

Here is some pics of the Eqipment
The cainister the white bucket is for top off then the Blue it for mixing water pump/air/heater so its always ready
The lights are all DIY I used the work light pendents and ballast wise ballast the whole set up was about 200 with bulbs im using Ushios they look soo good.

jj_harrison

I built the hood so its kind of ghetto lol but it works. I think i might build a new one latter and stain it to match the desks.

rebelprettyboy

U got any pics of u building the hood?
Thats one nice work desk tank! And a great size! That clam also looks freakin awesome. Good job!

jj_harrison

No i dont have any pics I only spent like 5 min on it its just 1/5" cabnet ply with 1x2's in the cornners and some cabnet hinges srewed together.

jj_harrison

Thanks, yea its cool cause the guys are like what can we get for the tank so i give them a list and they buy stuff. the only hard part it making sure they dont over stock it too fast. We went a bit fast as it were, but the prams are fine. For fish we have 5 cromis 2 false Percs 1 farmer pygmi angle 1 orange spot Knight Goby I might get a delivery today Corals and a cleaner crew.

jj_harrison

My Farmer angle has Lymphocystis, and I think it’s getting worse... :( I may have to try to catch him quarantine but I haven’t had a hospital tank set up so I don’t know. I might have to try to get that 2.5 gal back up and running. Or I wonder if I should leave him in there none of the other fish are getting infected and he doesn’t seam to be suffering. In fact he is very active and never hides always picking at the rocks.

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by jj_harrison
http:///forum/post/2820670
My Farmer angle has Lymphocystis, and I think it’s getting worse... :( I may have to try to catch him quarantine but I haven’t had a hospital tank set up so I don’t know. I might have to try to get that 2.5 gal back up and running. Or I wonder if I should leave him in there none of the other fish are getting infected and he doesn’t seam to be suffering. In fact he is very active and never hides always picking at the rocks.
You don't need to QT for lymph, it is not contagious to other species, there is usually a DNA match, just feed him good quality food, add zoecon and zoe, and low stress and he will be fine. The stress of catching him and QT him will most likely make things worse.