My Wrasse is rubbing all over the place

KaidenC

Hey guys, so today I went to my 65 gallon fish only tank and I noticed that my blue headed wrasse that I got 3 days ago was rubbing all over the place on rocks and the crushed coral. He does not have ich and I treat my tank with cupramine and all of the other fish are perfectly fine and doing well. Can you please tell me if this is normal or if something is wrong?

lmforbis

Usually that is a sign of parasites. if You got it 3 days ago it may well have ich. It takes 30 days to treat ich Or velvet. You should never treat your display tank with copper. The rock and sand absorb the copper making it impossible to maintain a therapeutic level. After treatment that rock and sand will leach copper back into the water. Copper is poison to fish. You don’t want a constant sub therapeutic level in your water. Treatment should be done in a hospital tank with a bare bottom abd PVC pipes for hidey holes.

lmforbis

I’d set up a quarantine tank as soon as you can. All your fish need to be quarantined prior to being added to your tank.