my xenia is not happy...

Hi...does anybody know what might cause xenia to stay down....it was all happy yesterday ...but today its all closed up ...
thanks

overanalyzer

do you know what yoru water parameters are?? have you tested it lately? Added anything? change anything??
OBTW - welcome to the board!!

Thank you for welcoming me =)
I test my water every day..and for past two weeks my
nitrites are .25
nitrates are 20
my fish tank is 3 month old...and I do not understand why oversudden my nitrites and nitrates went up...:( but I already bought a skimmer to help me with that =)
I didn't add anything in my fish tank for the past week..

overanalyzer

OK right in the middle of huge issue but I will try to respond later -sounds like your nitrites would be the issue - can you give a full break down of tank (what you have livestock, equipment, inverts/lighting and photoperiod/what kind of water do you use for WC's/substrate CC or DSB - filtation - any recent additions .....how often you feed)?? Also - I would prepare a water change of some size (like 20-40%) now and execute it once your newly mixed water is ready.....
lastly do a search for high nitrites and you will find some other helpful info ....
OK everyone else returning from "smoke" break need to get back to this pesky work thing ....

overanalyzer

Originally posted by tangsfornuttin
Nitrites anything other than zero - you do some water changes until it's zero. That stuff's not good.

James -
great minds think alike ....