My Yellow Tang = Goober??

freddiec

Why is my yellow tang such a goober... I was cleaning the glass with one of those magnetic scrubber things and for some reason this time she kept comming up to "investigate". I must have bumped her 5 or 6 times with it and each time she swam off like there was a shark in the area, but within 20-30 seconds came back out like nothing happened and repeated the scenario over and over again.

aquaknight

My old Yellow Tang definitely was a character. Used to feed mysis to the corals with a turkey baster, and the tang eventually got calm enough I could gently rub/spin him around with the baster. Quite the site to see.

sikpupy

AquaKnight - Ha ha ha, thats funny!
Freddie - Maybe you were stirring up algea the tang wanted?

snakeblitz33

sikpupy has a point, when I cleaned the glass on one of my aquariums, my yellow tang would come directly up to it and try to eat the algae that I scraped off...
I always loved my little yellow tang - she was such a character. RIP.

egill

My naso is our goober. Was placing some snails in the tank and he would actually rub up against my hand like he wanted petted. Always comes to the top of the tank when it's feeding time and you can pet him then too. Cracks me up

freddiec

Originally Posted by sikpupy
http:///forum/post/3150603
AquaKnight - Ha ha ha, thats funny!
Freddie - Maybe you were stirring up algea the tang wanted?
I never thought of that but it makes sense... even though there were only micro particles it may have been like Catinp for her, I'll see what happens next week when I do it again... until then she's a goober.

oceandude

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/3150619
sikpupy has a point, when I cleaned the glass on one of my aquariums, my yellow tang would come directly up to it and try to eat the algae that I scraped off...
I always loved my little yellow tang - she was such a character. RIP.
That sucks, how long did you have her? S.I.P.
Don't ya love how they can be? Wanting hand fed, rubbing on you and wanting to be petted? Way cool.