My zoas/polys squirted in tank???!!!

ashley84

my zoas/polys dunno which they are lol squirted out brown stuff in the tank! i know they are toxic but can that harm my other corals in the tank?? please help! ive been trying to research this but couldnt find ne answers on the damn internet lol...

Ashley is the jelly you have to worry about that oozes when you frag them- even with that if your running carbon youd be ok- your fine--- sorry couldnt resist the smart ass remark.

ashley84

it wasnt stringy..it looked like smoke....just nervous that its toxic...my zoas are eyes or rah...and what do u mean when you talk about the carbon...??

Ashley I have a colony of zoas and a polyp released from the rock about 3 weeks ago and left a trail of what looked like brown smoke behind it as it floated and tumbled across my tank in the water column- It released it for the length end to end-- not a thing happened to my tank.
And what I mean about carbon is if you run activated carbon in a reactor it will absorb it along with the rest of your filtration. If you dont run carbon- get yourself a two little fishies phos ban reactor and run carbon in it instead of phos-ban- I use two of the same reactors and I run phos-ban in one and carbon in the other.