My125 REEF

dsbdude

Originally Posted by Espkh9
http:///forum/post/2640035
i added the big one first he was 2 inches now almost 4.5 almost 2 years ago,
the small one was added about a few weeks after the big one he was 1 inch and is now almost 3 he eats alot. when i added the purple tang my last tang in the reef there was some fights between the PT and blue hippo tang, but nothing major they all have lived nicely healthy and in harmony for over a year and a half.
they do fine they swim and do everything together no aggression in the tank..its a peaceful reef full of corals and inverts. the Anemone,
thats well over a year and a half old its a short tentacle yellow carpet i do not know of the scientific name but when i got it the short tentacles were vibrant yellow as it got bigger the color turned into a tan brownish yellow combo when its hungry its spread can be almost 13+ inches. I forgot the name of it but its supposed to be very difficult to keep long term im not sure if almost 2 years is long term but i keep my water quality in check always do freq. testing although i dont have to..i know the results before i even test (fresks my wife out she thinks im a mad scientist, lol ) key is consistant parameters and no huge fluctuations ...also the intense MH lighting is just what they need.. i keep him on the bottom 3.5 feet from the MH lighting my phoenix 14k lamps are great and penetrate all the way down there..he has stuck onto LR and has been there hapily for 2 years with the clowns mating pair hosting him..
thanks

kevin34

I was also wondering about the trigger. Does it bother anything in the tank? What kind is it and how big do they get? AWESOME tank!

t316

I don't think the OP has been back on since mid June....what's up with that

Need some more pics dude

espkh9

back for now been overseas, sorry its a male blue throat trigger, the star fish is an orange linckia which many experts say is completely reef safe...however bad news..my beautiful tank is being diminished...the lps corals got too big and were not fragged into another tank and killed most of the sps, thats why its best to either have an lps reef or sps mixing the 2 gets tricky especially when ur not around to maintain the reef...over half the corals have bleached out or died im not sure why my wife spotted some hitchikers and some snails that might be eating away at some corals...when i get back i will fix everything and make things right...sorry i couldnt get on this earlier and answer your questions like i said business overseas. if anyone can help it was reported that alveoporas died, half of them...could be stung from the mushroom next to it...or from hitchikers, my bubble corals died again ricordeas where getting close to them, sun corals only the black one has survived the orange yellow and pink have not been fed properly, the monti's encrusted and caps are 70 percent dead the pagoda has algae all over it and the leathers have bean closed. my wife is an expert at performing tests so she has been on top of it...nut she is not qualified to remove hitchikers coral eating snails or frag corals for thier safety this is a sad day for me as i build up the reef for 2 years.
these were her results of testing daily using red sea test kit that i have always used and seachem she also used a sailfert test kit and all came with the folwoing results.
temp-78F-79F PH 8.2,sal 1.026, ammonia 0, nitrite,0 nitrate 10, alk 11 dkh,cacium 480phosphates 0.5,magnesium,1380. from what i understand the corals either fell or overlapped and the strongest one survived the MH lamps were placedin 2 months ago they are phoenix 14k and are great lamps i run the 6 hours a day and the actinics are also fine. no problems with the skimmer which is working very nicely aquamedics multi, and the wet dry wit ha 40 gallon sump is all functioning. the water is crystal clear..the phosphate reactor is doing fine as well. i strongly belive the loss of so many corals is over crowding and a strong possiblity of something that looks like a nassarius snails black, that are coral eaters and 2 unidertified objects that are dark blue and might be nudi's not sure but i will be home to fix things and post up some pics, thanks for all the nice comments to all and i will fix things and rebuild.

markw

Can you tell me what the circled things are? SPS/LPS, lighting conditions, flow would be great. Links would be even better. Thanks a bunch

Mark

espkh9

hey im back on the boards hey everyone...: )
this is my 125 reef the fhish that got bigger went into the 150..but i mix and match whe needed.
i have a 125 reef a 150 reef and a 210 and 65 for more semi aggresive fish that are not reef same more border line dontr wanna take any chances...