My180g Reef (7 pics)

flatzboy

Originally posted by reefer44
yea i know :) ....i will get one sometime this week for you........workin' there is pretty cool....i now get everything at very low prices which is good now that my budget has run out ;) .........the owner has also been keeping saltwater for about 40 years and knows alot........i also get to meet ppl that have pretty big names in the hobby to........
Brad

Sounds good, it must be nice to be able to discuss reef keeping with someone who has been doing this for 40yrs.:D

reefer44

thanks for the compliment escape2thewater......the "center island" is the only thing that is not going to have anymore corals added to it..
flatzboy: yea its a really good experience....i already have almost doubled my knowledge and am still trying to learn as much as possible...
Brad

tony detroit

Originally posted by reefer44
tony detriot- i lived in michigan for 9 years and used to race for the Brighton Highschool ski team....do you ski at mt. brighton, knubs knob, or pine knob??????????

I ski all of them. Come to think of it I was at Brighton last week. Love my new Elans......suhweet. My old roomie is the coach for South Lyon HS ski team.

nm reef

Very nice reef! Great use of base rock...over time you can't even tell the difference and the expense is much less. I also like the "center island"...must be nice to have room to aquascape and create effects. Great assortment of corals...looks very healthy. Did I miss it or have you already provided details on filtration and suppliments?
...and by all means post more pics...some of us are addicted to eye-candy!

reefer44

tony detriot: nice ski's i have always liked Elans but went for the Atomic Beta's they seem to be nice but i probaly would of gone with Solomon's or a freestyle Elan if i didn't race (the reason i have beta rides is cause thats what i use to use a few years back and the beta races are my brothers old ski's)
Julius: Thanks for the compliment!...i like the icon, hendrix is one of my favorites
NM Reef: Thanks for the compliment! yea the base rock is definetely worth it even if it looks like crap for the first few months
Equipment:
2xTurbelle Stream 6100 (3175gph each)
+Multicontroller 7094
6xPFO HQI 250W Mini Pendant
6xPFO 250W Single HQI MH Ballast
3x250W 10K MH DE- Aqualine BLV
3x250W 20K MH DE- Aqualine BLV
Euroreef CS6-2
Tunze Automatic Skimmer3130/2 11
Arctica Titanium Chiller 1/3HP (not hooked up yet)
Iwaki 70RLT (return pump does 1500gph)
LCD digital 350w titanium heater
Korallin 3002 calc reactor
+Calc. Reactor includes everything standard plus(+)
+Eheim 1048
+CO2 regulator deluxe
+A.R.M media
+10LB CO2 cylinder
+CO2 Tubing
+Pinpoint pH Controller (incase it flux’s)
CPR External Overflow (1600gph)
1" Sea Swirl (for Iwaki return)
2x Aqualifter pumps (one for calc. Reactor one for overflow)
4x 4" cooling fans to blow out of top of the hood over the lights
Sand/Rock:
250 pounds base rock (plus about 80 pound that is well established LR in my 55g)
120 pounds fine white sand (for ½"-3" deep sand bed just for looks.....Bare Bottom concept)
55g and 15g Sump/Refugium:
55g is hooked to main tank through first floor and is in basement
1X175w 10k XM's
15g "dark" fuge with around 25lbs of tonga LR below 55g
Corals:
over 20 dif. sps
about 1-4 dif. soft corals
sebea anenome (about 8-9")
Inverts:
1 or 2 hermits
about 7 snails
3-5 serpent stars
sand sifting star
cleaner shrimp
Fish:
Yellow Tang
blue eyed cardinal
Orange Skunk Clown
hawiian orange bar fairy wrasse
Purple Psuedochromis
red hooded fairy wrasse
female lyretail anthia
Maintanace:
5g a week change
cleaning pumps once a month
Water:
pH: 7.94-8.03 (almost constant cause fuge and sump are on reverse cyle of lighting...also i run ozone during the day which keeps the pH below 8.04)
alk: 9.0dKH
calc: 430ppm
mg: 1270
thats all i test for and all i add

shawnts106

REEFER ROCKS!! LOL, BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!!!!!!! LOVE THE COLOR, maybe thats what I should go for in my purchase, possibly a cooler blue, maybe 15K? would that kinda combine the 10 and 20K????

reefer44

thanks all for the compliments.........
shawn: i would go with 14k Aquaconnects or Phenix (same bulb just manufactured in dif. countries)