Mysis or brine???

S

slofish

Mysis and Brine are just 2 different species of shrimp. Mysis look like regular ole shrimp but mjuch smaller. Brine, looks kind of shell-less. Its even smaller than the mysis. My fish seem to take to brine a bit better than mysis.

S

sebae0

mysis is larger and seems to have more "meat" to them then brine. i personally try to feed the mysis more than brine because nutritionally its a little better.

marvida

I have read that mysis is more nutritious than brine. I recently switched over. They are larger but it works fine for what I have.

ozadars

yes mysis is better then brine shrimp and "cyclops" (that what we call them in Turkey) is better then all IMO

T

thomas712

Size of course is one thing but the nutritinal value is all together different, now I could not find anything on mysis for nutritinal value but lets take a look at the brine. Live is always better than frozen but I found some frozen stats.
The protien according to Dr. Ron for a 5 gram sample of frozen brine is only 0.16. Compare that to Formula 2 at 0.34 or Formula 1 at 0.80 or even silversides at 4.2. Now what would you rather give your fish and corals? As you can see and from the lists that I saw brine is at the very bottom of the list as far as nutritinal value. In other words is sucks.
Thomas

ozadars

Also in to the frozen brine, they usually put very adult brines i think that why nutritinal value is very low...

elfdoctors

I was told that mysis and brine shrimp are not as nutritious as most prepared foods. However they are good for stimulating appetite as they are like candy and can get a finicky fish eating. U use them both and can't really tell any difference except for size.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by MarineMarty
So thomas you just feed silversides?? Thanks
Martin

Nope. Flake, mysis, plankton, zooplankton, shrimp, krill, silversides are great to feed the BTA's.
Thomas