name of these anemones

dirk_brijs

can anyone help me?
I used to have a Heteractis magnifica.
The look the same but dont move around as much reason why I dont have the Heteractis no more as it got caught in a power head.
Anyway anyone has a ID on these ones maybe not tooclear on the pîcs but one is purple the other one white/pink

btldreef

Hard to tell from the pics, so before I take a stab at these, can you answer two questions:
How big are they?
What kind of lighting do you have?

dirk_brijs

they are both not very big about a hand full.
5 àr 6 inches I would guess.
My lighting is 2 T8 40Wlights and one blue light which stays on the entire dayand is used as night light.
Tank is also close to a window sothere is quit some natural daylight falling in.
They realy look like Heteractis and maybe they are only these dont move around too much. Had 2 shots allready at heteractis and they moved around like crazy.

btldreef

Originally Posted by dirk_brijs
http:///forum/post/3208051
they are both not very big about a hand full.
5 àr 6 inches I would guess.
My lighting is 2 T8 40Wlights and one blue light which stays on the entire dayand is used as night light.
Tank is also close to a window sothere is quit some natural daylight falling in.
They realy look like Heteractis and maybe they are only these dont move around too much. Had 2 shots allready at heteractis and they moved around like crazy.
Which heteractis are you thinking of? Heteractis is a family of anemones, not one specific type.
Here's what I think it could possible be:
Bubble Tip
Sebea
Heteractis Magnifica

dirk_brijs

I used to have magnificas but they are movers they sit still for a while to move on again till they find another good spot.
Bubble tips I have never seen there tips bubble but I read they dont have to allthe time but that would be 2 or them not bubbling?
Sebea I dont know much about so I guess thats the one untill someone says different.

dirk_brijs

read up some on the Sebea and I guess we have a winner.
They dont seem to be movers.
Am worried now about the light one I have as it seems there are no natural white ones and my light one is a very light pinkish white so I guess I bought a bleached specimen. Its doing fine so far though and have it a few months now.

rod buehle

Originally Posted by dirk_brijs
http:///forum/post/3208103
read up some on the Sebea and I guess we have a winner.
They dont seem to be movers.
Am worried now about the light one I have as it seems there are no natural white ones and my light one is a very light pinkish white so I guess I bought a bleached specimen. Its doing fine so far though and have it a few months now.
Actually your initial guess is the winner. They are indeed H.magnifica. Probably the second (maybe first) most difficult anemone to keep. The will certainly wander if they do not have very strong point source lighting. If they have a strong point source, they will climb to the highest spot in the tank directly under the light With etheir foot mostly exposed.
H. crispa, and H.malu are both refered to as sebea. They are sand dwellers with other charistics that are not shown here.
E.quadricolor (aka BTA) will have its food buried into a crevice.

rod buehle

Your magnifica is also a little bleached (expelled zooxanthallea) and will require a lot of good foods high in HUFFA/Omega3s and also some strong halides. Without the halides that anemone will starve. It may take 6 months to do so, but will certainly starve Starving for 6 months before dying doesnt sound fun to me.