Name that anemone

watson3

I am going to go with pink tip haitian..And Highly UNlikely that your fish will even get close to it...Here is one of mine..

watson3

Originally Posted by Pappy1299
is this normal
What lighting do you have it under? Mine has dulled out a little too..Is normal as far as I can tell

B

bkneeland

Haitian Anemone, a.k.a. Pink Tip Haitian.......They have been known to accept different species of Clownfish they like a strong flow and strong light

joojoo

Bkneeland is correct, it is a Haitian. It's very rare, but possible, that it will host a clown. Maroon Clowns, IME, are the least picky species of clowns when it comes to anemone.
It is normal and very healthy when an anemone turns brown like that.

tahoetanks

If you HAVE to move it, first be very, very gentle. Try to get one edge of the foot off of the rock or where ever it is stuck to. Then GENTLY ease the rest of it off. DO NOT TEAR THE FOOT. Why do you want to move it? Stinging corals? My anemones usually move once a week or so. I hate trying to move them. Good luck.

choco

Originally Posted by joojoo
Bkneeland is correct, it is a Haitian. It's very rare, but possible, that it will host a clown. Maroon Clowns, IME, are the least picky species of clowns when it comes to anemone.
It is normal and very healthy when an anemone turns brown like that.

I wouldn't say its very rare. I got two different clowns to host mine, one being a Tomato and the other a Clarkii. I have also seen many pictures of clowns hosting Clarkiis. Its not whether the clown will host the Condy, the question is if the Condy will accept the clownfish. There have been many reports of Condy anemones eating their clowns.
I had this Condy 6 months ago in my 55 gallon. Now its in my 40 gallon breeder at 14 inches in diamter.

a&a2

Mine have never moved and none of my clowns host it. I have 1 maroon & 2 perculas. Mine were bright white when I got them , now they are brownish, but very healthy. They have really grown