Name That Hitch-hiker!?

saw it crawling out of a crevice in my rock the other night. worm-like; i didn't see him completely out, but appeared to be 1"~1 1/2" long, and maybe 1/8" in diameter; salmon colored (pinkish-orange); many pairs of "legs" which were cream-colored - they were shaped like teeth / fangs - really eerie looking. His appearance was maybe a few days after I added a new piece of LR to my tank. Mandarin and Maroon Clown are fine. My astral (sp?) smails are doing great as well - started with 6, now there is about 200 lil white dots all over my glass (baby snails, awww, how cute).
so, what is it that i have? i haven't seen him since.

dillybobs

yep bristle worm..
now is this a bristle worm too?
Rather large, about the size of a pencil. Black,or very dark blue. lives in a hole in my LR, also apears to be building a tube, (netting with small rocks attached). Only seen at night and hates the light when shown on him. Backs in very fast. his head kind of looks like a walrus. (wiskers and stuff)
sorry no luck getting a picture of him

aarone

the dots on the glass that look like snails, are spirobidae (sp) worms. Just calcareous tube worms. good for a tank. You will see them come and go from time to time.
aaron

no, they really are baby snails - some of them that are up to a 1/16th of an inch diameter have a visible spiral to them. if they were pods, my mandarin would have devoured them.