Name This Anemone

von_rahvin

i might put it near the top of your tank. if you intend on keeping it with that amount of lighting. another thought. Anemone's need more lighting than you currently have to thrive. they will kinda survive , or take a while to die under that amount. you really need atleast VHO's to keep one effectively.

von_rahvin

do not honestly know enough about your lighting to give the best anwser. from what i saw it is 2 55 watt pcs correct? about twice as much in a 55 gal would be sufficient.

saltyshark

Here's some info I found on it:
48" Formosa Deluxe lighting Kit(PL-JG3-41) by JBJ Lighting Co.
-260watts(4x65watt) 2-65watt 10k white and 2-65watt 7100k blues standard.
-Dimensions 48"x9"x3"(LxWxH).
-Dual Cooling Fans
-UL Electronic Ballast

E

eight2178

i got a goniopora from a rubble rock pile (got it for $1.00!!!)---i had it about 1/2 way down the tank, and it seemed to be doing very well....i rearranged my LR, and i moved it higher in the tank.....it started 'melting'...i moved it back towards the bottom of the tank and it's doing so much better....just a thought...all the research i did (yes, after i bought it...) said noone knows what is up with these things, no one knows how to keep them alive....just from experience, id say leave it towards the bottom of the tank....dont know if the light was too intense....i have a 175MH and 2 30 watt blue actinics.....just my opinion....

broncofish

I kept one for about a year. I made sure it had plenty of flow, and light. When they start to go it is quick, so I would keep an eye on it

entice59

Unfortunitly no it can not, my father bought the same type of gonnapora by impulse and by not researching, now its just slowly disapearing, once gone its gone sorry to say that but its true
We are all guilty of buying on impulse :eek:
Since mines is dieing should i get rid of it? doesnt that mean im introducing something into the tank(ammonia,nitrite,nitrate) since it is disappearing? should i get rid of it? that question has been bugging me