Nano 6pak, update

scottk

Nice looking tank. What kind of crab is that? It has the looks (and claws) of a blue crab (but not the color) and they are notorious killers. It is cool looking.

plum70rt

6 clown fish, a cbs shrimp, that crab, MR crabs to you, think he is a blue claw caught him on he beach,:) green serpent star, 2 clams, zoos, xenia,shrooms, colt coral, various plants,brain, featherdusters, this is NOT a beginer setup

scottk

Didn't want to imply that at all. It looks great. But that crab, excuse me, Mr. Crab is a swimming crab and most, if not all, of them can catch and eat everything that isn't nailed down and some things that are. Trying to save you some future grief in your nano. Take special note of the sharp points on the claws, made just for snaring fish and shrimps.

plum70rt

Yes I know ,, But this crab is a model tank mate,:) I keep him well fed, never touches a thing, been in there a month, little bigger and in the big reef he will go , :( sadly he will be a snack for my bird wrasse, I hate to see him go:( , maybe Ill bring him back to the beach

nm reef

Gotta to admit...I'm pleased to see the "6-pak" tradition being continued here in the nano forum. But isn't a "6-pak" a little large for a nano?:D
Or maybe we need to establish minimum gal requirements for "6-paks"...sort of like needing to be 21 to purchase "6-paks" in real life!:cool:
Very nice looking nano...how do the clowns get along...I'd think even in a larger system they could develope conflicts.
Looks well established and maintained....good job.

plum70rt

thank you you NM reef, maybe a six pack of the little 6oz nips?
all clowns get along there is a pecking order though, when they get a little larger and hopefully pair off some I plan to move to the bigger setup

overanalyzer

Originally posted by NM reef
Gotta to admit...I'm pleased to see the "6-pak" tradition being continued here in the nano forum. But isn't a "6-pak" a little large for a nano?:D
Or maybe we need to establish minimum gal requirements for "6-paks"...sort of like needing to be 21 to purchase "6-paks" in real life!:cool:

LOL - look @ the Man trying to come down on us Nano-folks .... size doesn't matter ....
I read this before I posted my mini-6 or I would've just called it a 6 pack :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ahhhh now if we could only get some more people to crack open the 6 packs around here!!

S

staticx1134

great looking tank! if you ever wanna frag some of thoes corals i will gladly buy em!! im in coconut creek....:p