Nano and Bio Cube???

dustintx

Do either of these come ready to rock? I heard they come with the lighting and wet/dry filtration. I was wondering besides LR and sand if there is anything else we would need to buy to get it up and running?

btldreef

Originally Posted by DustinTX
http:///forum/post/3227798
Do either of these come ready to rock? I heard they come with the lighting and wet/dry filtration. I was wondering besides LR and sand if there is anything else we would need to buy to get it up and running?
The BioCube system is basically plug and play besides the rock and sand. The lighting is only PC, so a lot of people upgrade later on, but it's fine for most LPS and soft corals. I actually have a 14G BioCube with a clam in it, so, who knows.
Some people (myself included) remove the bioballs from the middle chamber of the BioCube. I have a bag of carbon (ChemiPure Elite) in there. I also don't use the filter cartridges, there's just no need, the carbon bags work better and last longer.

spanko

Well, water too. A thermometer, test kits, a heater, a gfci outlet installed in the wall in place of the regular outlet and a power stirp.
Then you could probably get started.
But before anything I suggest starting off at a minimum with a book entitled;
The Nano-Reef Handbook
Chris R. Brightwell (Author)

spanko

Originally Posted by DustinTX
http:///forum/post/3227798
Well, water too. A thermometer, test kits, a heater, a gfci outlet installed in the wall in place of the regular outlet and a power strip.
Then you could probably get started.
But before anything I suggest starting off at a minimum with a book entitled;
The Nano-Reef Handbook
Chris R. Brightwell (Author)
This would be a minimum setup to get you going. Modifications to these tanks can be overwhelming but they do increase the efficiency.

dustintx

Ok,so your basically saying that it comes with ALL of the proper filtering needed to have a lasting tank? Say a skimmer,refugium...etc?

pete159

don't buy one of those things you'll only regret it later when you fully realize how small it is and you see all these cool fish at the store you can't buy.
Build your own tank of at least 45 gallons.

chaseter

I agree. Bought a 14g and then upgraded 7 months later. I regret buying the biocube and now I have a 39 gallon CAD...especially when my 39 gallon was only a couple hundred more.