Nano Angels?

P

pelagic

Originally Posted by n8ball2013
http:///forum/post/3137133
lol im far from a noob. a tang is more of an open water fish that requires larger tanks. not that it cant live in a smaller its just not healthy for them. many of them will become very aggressive or sick or have stunted growth due to the small space they are given. General rule of thumb is no tangs under 75 gallons. There are alot of members here who feel that keeping tangs in a tank that small is exceptionally cruel and you will be berated for it. Thats what my comment was referring to. The tang police. Your comment comes off as very arrogant. I was making light of a situation that many members of this board will probably laugh at because they have stuck around here long enough to have seen a tang police moment or ten. Personally the tang needs the space and I would never do that. I also feel that your tank is borderline overstocked but its yours and you can do as you wish with it. Take my comments for what they are but you probably should not judge a user by the number of his post count. He may just surprise you.
wow, i needed to laugh today, thank you, well here is the exception for your rule of thumb, everyday we learn something new, today is your day

n8ball2013

Originally Posted by PeLaGiC
http:///forum/post/3137158
wow, i needed to laugh today, thank you, well here is the exception for your rule of thumb, everyday we learn something new, today is your day
aye if you insist. The only thing I've really learned today is you are not a very responsible aquarist. enjoy your tank. You have your views and I have mine.

P

pelagic

it's not mine, an he is a very responsible aqurist, beleive me

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3137171
it's not mine, an he is a very responsible aqurist, beleive me

Firstly, if it's not your tank, and you haven't personally cared for it, don't claim anything. And do not be arrogant when it's not even your tank, that's not going to make you look much better, you'll just loose even more credibility. You may not be a "noob" in "years of experience," but in regards to being responsible, you're both "noobs." This is a very peaceful board, if you want to be rude, disrespectful and arrogant, you should not be here.
Secondly, and more importantly, whomever owns this tank is extremely irresponsible. A 46 G is borderline on being large enough for a Flame Angel, and then they go and put a Yellow Tang in it? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong, the corals do look wonderful, so in that department he has my respect, but in terms of being a responsible owner of fish, he's a moron. All together he has far too many fish in that tank with the amount of coral and rock that is there, or more specifically how it's laid out. Even without a full tank shot it's very obvious that there is not enough open water and free space for these fish to swim.
Regarding that Yellow Tang, he's two years old and looks quite small, in my opinion his growth is being stunted due to lack of room to swim freely in a tank too small for him. Tangs, specifically Yellow Tangs enjoy open waters to swim freely, something that can not be done in that tank, and Yellow Tangs are schooling fish and this aquarist is depriving the fish of an adequate environment. Yes, fish will adapt to their surroundings, but that's cruel. There are so many fish to choose from nowadays, choose what can live happily and more importantly NATURALLY in the tank.
As a responsible aquarist, one should strive for the most natural parameters in their tank, and this person is a far cry from doing that.
To the person who started this thread asking about angels and blennies for his tank, DO NOT PUT A TANG IN A SMALL TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btldreef

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/3137720
Angels = devil fish when mixed with corals all i have to say..lol

Sounds like you had a mean little angelfish in your tank! I've been really lucky with my Coral Beauty, but I've heard some horror stories too. Dwarfs are supposed to be safer than full size, so I've been told. I have no yet ventured into the land of full size angels. I guess it's all in the individual personality?

btldreef

http:///forum/post/3137098
well, you can see him in that pic, he's over two years old. Maybe you are a noobie and doesnt know how to keep some fish. A picture is worth a thousand words. SEE
PS: show your tank, and you will show your experience!!!!
^^^^^ It's not even your tank!
WOW! One to talk.

n8ball2013

Originally Posted by pleasants9
http:///forum/post/3137720
Angels = devil fish when mixed with corals all i have to say..lol
I had a cherub that left corals alone. now any other fish was a different story. coral beauty nipped, blue fin pygmy nipped. wife wants a flame and im scared lol.

P

pelagic

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3137716
Firstly, if it's not your tank, and you haven't personally cared for it, don't claim anything. And do not be arrogant when it's not even your tank, that's not going to make you look much better, you'll just loose even more credibility. You may not be a "noob" in "years of experience," but in regards to being responsible, you're both "noobs." This is a very peaceful board, if you want to be rude, disrespectful and arrogant, you should not be here.
Secondly, and more importantly, whomever owns this tank is extremely irresponsible. A 46 G is borderline on being large enough for a Flame Angel, and then they go and put a Yellow Tang in it? Are you kidding me? Don't get me wrong, the corals do look wonderful, so in that department he has my respect, but in terms of being a responsible owner of fish, he's a moron. All together he has far too many fish in that tank with the amount of coral and rock that is there, or more specifically how it's laid out. Even without a full tank shot it's very obvious that there is not enough open water and free space for these fish to swim.
Regarding that Yellow Tang, he's two years old and looks quite small, in my opinion his growth is being stunted due to lack of room to swim freely in a tank too small for him. Tangs, specifically Yellow Tangs enjoy open waters to swim freely, something that can not be done in that tank, and Yellow Tangs are schooling fish and this aquarist is depriving the fish of an adequate environment. Yes, fish will adapt to their surroundings, but that's cruel. There are so many fish to choose from nowadays, choose what can live happily and more importantly NATURALLY in the tank.
As a responsible aquarist, one should strive for the most natural parameters in their tank, and this person is a far cry from doing that.
To the person who started this thread asking about angels and blennies for his tank, DO NOT PUT A TANG IN A SMALL TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what would you say about my queen angel in a reef tank????, blah blah blah, dont want to hear about it!!!! I'm not going to argue with you about something thats been succesfully done before .
To the guy who made this thread, yes, angelfish are good pets, just make sure water parameters are ok, and feed him everyday, or he will find his own food, your corals, Good luck wit it.

small triggers

PeLaGiC - I just hope you have a big enough tank to transfer that beautiful angel into when it is full grown., And you are very correct, most juv angels dont nip corals, they prefer algae, but if you choose to try and keep an angel in a full reef tank when it is full grown that is totally up to you.
I think this thread has gotten off track. I am hoping the OP got his question answered?

P

pelagic

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/3140139
PeLaGiC - I just hope you have a big enough tank to transfer that beautiful angel into when it is full grown., And you are very correct, most juv angels dont nip corals, they prefer algae, but if you choose to try and keep an angel in a full reef tank when it is full grown that is totally up to you.
I think this thread has gotten off track. I am hoping the OP got his question answered?
yes it has gone of track. Dont worry about it, he's my baby. He has grown a lot with Angel Formula, and hasnt touch any of my corals, he will be going back to his home, Cariibean Ocean. Hopefully, he will be ok, looking for his own food, these fish are devils down there, very aggressive

n8ball2013

http:///forum/post/3140343
yes it has gone of track. Dont worry about it, he's my baby. He has grown a lot with Angel Formula, and hasnt touch any of my corals, he will be going back to his home, Cariibean Ocean. Hopefully, he will be ok, looking for his own food, these fish are devils down there, very aggressive

Please don't release that fish back to the wild. Its just asking for a dead fish. It will be so accustomed to not having any predators or anything to worry about that it wont last if returned to the ocean.

small triggers

please do not be irresponsible enough to release a animal that has been in captivity back into the wild. We DO NOT need another lionfish in the caribbean incident.