nano cube protein skimmer?

nickp123

has anyone used the current fission nano protein skimmer? I just ordered one this morning and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

christs

Do a search on "fission nano" and you will find tons of posts, and I believe most are not very positive.

littleliza

I had terrible luck with one, it didn't fit well in my 12 gallon nano cube and didn't seem to be doing much, so I eventually just gave up and removed it. I hope it works out better for you.

terriel

I bought one for my 12G Nano. I could not get it to fit in the back chambers very well. I also had problems getting it to stay together.
It went back to the fish store I bought it from. Maybe you will have better luck

bigpete

Originally Posted by PClown
My opinion is that they are junk
ive heard nothing but bad things about them as well.

wm23oh

I have one and it is doing decent. But as the previous posts say the top of it (with the filter) likes to slide up and almost off. It also creates a huge bubble problem. And sometimes spits water out of the top instead of a slow stream out of the top.
Anyhow I don't recommend it but I have one. Can't afford spending $200 on a larger one yet. I spent my money on a MH light.

Best wishes.