nano cube stocking list

W

wallie

hey guys
im starting a 12 galion nano cube dx and was woundering how my stock list is looking. i will be takeing live rock and water out of my 55 gallion. however i will be purchesing 20 lbs of fiji live sand. i was woundering if ther will be a cycle? any way im asumming ther will be so i will hold of on buying live stock. but anyway here is my wish list please let me no if this is too much or if i need more of something.
1 true percula clownfish tank bread (england)
1 clown goby, green
4 nassarius snails
3 nerite snails
5 dwarf blue leg hermits
1 tiny sexy amemone shrimp.
i now its not recamended but i would like to order all at the same time to save on shipping. i would also like to get a star fish but dont no if it is posibule. as alwase please let me no what u guys think.
ps. i will be ading corals asap

dan87

I'm not sure on the cycle question but the livestock looks good. Not so sure on adding all at once maybe half and half?

queek

I would say be carefull on the choice on starfish if you are going to add one. Alot of them eat corals, I found out the hard way. /shiver chocolate starfish
queek

T

tuningvis

honestly i would not put a starfish in a 12 ... not enough room IMO
and good choice on thinking there is gonna be a cycle :yes:

W

wallie

yea i wasnt that excited about a star fish for the nano ill just stick with the ones in my 55.
should i add more snail/crabs/shrimp

T

tuningvis

i've heard 1 snail per gal.
maybe a emerald crab and a cleaner shrimp and something would make a good clean up crew

michaelky

Are you using all 20 lbs of your live sand? I just started a 12 gal nano and was told by several to keep my live sand bed down to around 1/2 an inch. I had a 20 lb bag too and only used like 1/2 of it at most. I'm just curious about the best way to do it.

W

wallie

i was planning on using all 20lbs ive alwase read to keep 11/2 to 2 inches. so now im not sure. i gess i could but the rest of it in me 55gal.