Nano Cube vs. BioCube

catfishcity

I am going to get a nano tank in a couple weeks. I was planning on getting the Nano Cube 24 gallon but i found a BioCube 29 gallon for cheaper. was wondering which would be better. i have heard good/bad things about both, so i dont know which one to get. thanks for your help

geo1

We bought a used biocube and have recently put it into action. Thus far (about 1 month) we have been very happy.
Is quite, it cycled in about 3 weeks with new LR & LS.
The lighting is beautiful and it look very neat and compact.
This is the only small all in one we have ever had, but I am generally impressed thus far.
(the only negative I have is I emailed their customer service over a week ago, and as of yet have had no response.
)

gmann1139

I have the NC 12 DX and have been happy. I'm also a tinkerer and have done several mods, but the base unit is fine.
That said, 5 extra gallons = 1 more fish.

silverdak

I have a 14G Bio-cube and love it! been set up for like 3 weeks now.. and it just is great, everything about it works great and looks amazing! I love the clean look of it, and the rounded front corners, and higher quality glass

moparmussel

i have a bio cube 29 gallon and love it! easy set up,need to buy a heater,also get the nano protien skimmer that fits in the sump.i took out the top tray over the filter and installed a piece of charcoal filter mat,works well.

110innc

We have a 29 Biocube
and we love
. Its great I like everything about it except that if you dont clean the filter frequently its starts blowing bubbles out of the return.

acmeacres

We had (still do technically ;) ) a 24 gallon Nano-cube. The circuit board went out on the lid after 2 years but it's a great tank and very reliable. I just tore it down when we got our 34 Red Sea Max... now Im thinking hey.. it would be a great 2nd fresh water tank for the guppies...

saska

I have a 14g and 29g biocube tanks, and have had several problems. I have had the balasts of the tanks fail about 7-8 times (the tanks are 6 months and one year old). I have had to have the entire lid replaced on one tank because of electrical problems. If the problems were just from one tank, I could assume it was a one of thing. But I have problems from both tanks, so I am changing tanks to a regular one.

snaredrum

I have a 29 BioCube and love it. I have had to do a cuple of mods. 1st. problem was water level. To get it when it needed to be the back wall was kind of short. Found it was because of the filter placement. I lifted the filter out of its slots and moved it at an angle in the 1st compartment and bingo it worked fine. Stock return pump a little weak when using a lot of live rock. (Dead spots in tank) I put in a powerhead and that was fixed. I also removed the biomedia and replaced with a sapphire aquatics skinner. That is working great. I think Oceanic should include a skimmer as part of the unit. Good little tank now for the money.