nano cube

rich460

i would like to see some pics of members with nano cubes i need some ideas for my nano cube.also does any one with a nano cube have a slimmer or any thing like that on there nano cube?oh and if any one has a nano did you keep all the stuff in the filter the rings and the black stuff and i talked to a guy at my lfs and he said he took out 1 sponge in the filter?:help: :notsure:

higholive

Hey Rich.... I thought I would throw up a picture of my nano cube. I have not removed anything for the pump system and so far all my level are a ok. However I have upgraded the lights to 88watts of PC. If you have any questions just ask...

higholive

Nah, I don't have a skimmer...
As for the lighting I have it set up as you can see below. There was a site that I can no longer find that has instructions on how to do this. I will keep looking and update you when I find it. That may not be until tomorrow since I know I have the stie stored either at work or on my girlfriends computer. Any way here is a picture:

higholive

Yeah i can see that you will just have to copy that link into the address spot. Any way I bought a nice dual ballast that was like 79 and the bulbs were like 18 or so a piece.... so I guess that is around 120ish.

rich460

ok did you buy the retro kit he was talking about and if so where did you get it if you cant put it on here you can email me at rich460@msn.com and can you turn on your moon lights by them selfs.thanks for all you help.:thinking:

rich460

HighOlive can you give me the parts numbers for you upgrade i would like to do mine asap thanks oh and did you buy your parts online

higholive

Hey man sorry about not updating for you.. I have been busy with my own projects.
I bought all my stuff at a LFS, but I think most of it you can pick up at ***********
Well this is the ballast I got:
CustomSeaLife Electro-Lite Ballast. Mine is a 2x65watt (the only downside is both lights are on the same switch. With the stock lighting on another.
My bulbs are:
Current USA (SunPaq)
32W 10000K White PowerCompact Bulb
32W Dual Actinic 03/7100K Blue
Plus the stock bulb
My parts numbers are at home... I can post them up later tonight. If you need them
You will need to get the 15" lenght bulbs and this is the only brand I have seen that does this lenght. Anything longer just won't fit. Even with these bulbs they have to be slightly at and angle to fit.
The other thing I had to do was remove all the stock lighting ballasts and circuits and stuff and put it in a small project box from radioshack, and attached this to the back of the tank using velcro. I also put a new switch for the stock bulk on the back of this box and put the stock switch back in the hole it was removed from (its not connceted to anything, it is just there to fill the hole.

higholive

well that thing with that is that the ballast will most likely only have the leads to run one bulb. You might just want to call marine depot (if you don't have a god lfs) to see if that get get you a dual ballast. I picked mine up out at the store.