nano for clownfish

salty chee

What are the length and width measurements? Once you get them, multiply them then divide that by 48. That answer is how many inches of saltwater fish you can put in it. You could generally put two of those were the only fish.

T

tuningvis

2 of the same species in a 15 is okay ... dont add anymore than that

queek

I would say 2 false Pec's or 2 true perc's they dont need much tank place and you can find them tank raised so easy. Being tank raised makes life so much easier. I have read a few books that say they can even spawn in such a small tank but I think that might be a little out there. Just make sure you add them at the same time so they can fight out who is going to be the female.
Queek

overanalyzer

Originally Posted by clownfish9
could you fit a neon blue goby with the 2 clowns?
No and I'd think two clowns would be pushing your water quality limits as well. I'd suggest a 20 gallon as the smallest for a pair of clowns. After rock and substrate you are lucky to have 1/2 the water volume you start with .....
of course are you hooking this tank up to a sump or refugium?? That might help stabilize water quality some.
I'd look into one clown or some of the gobies. It will be easier on you and the fish. That or plan on massive weekly water changes with two clowns (clowns are like pigs - eat a lot and poop a lot ....)