Nano Reef Help

chopper320

I know that nano reefs are much more difficult than larger ones but I have really researched this thing and plan on dedicating a lot of time to it. I currently have a 55g fowlr.
That being said: I am planning on doing a 10gal setup. My question is the lighting issue. My local hardware store has regular flouresent fixtures that hold 2 24" 30 watt flouresent tubes. Would this work if I used 2 10,000k flo. tubes in it? The fixture only cost $12 compared to the $75 I would have to spend at the LFS for what seems to be basically the same thing. Is there something I'm missing here or is this the way to go???

chopper320

I'm saying is there a reason I should buy an aquarium fixture for $75 over the $12 fixture at the hardware store? From what I see, they serve the same purpose. I just didn't know if the aquarium fixture provided something that I didn't realize was important.

sangysc

Chopper
Virtually EVERYTHING that you can buy at a LFS can be purchased at Lowe's for a fraction of the cost! Sand, ballasts, etc. Take a tube of 100% silicone as an example; what you would pay $7.00 for at the LFS can be had at Home ***** for $.99!
SangySC