nano reef tank poll

fisherson

Hello just wondering if you had to decide what lights to pick for a nano reef would you pick the coralife 96 watt pc's or a 70 watt 14k hqi metal halide with no pc's at all?

R

reeffer

the new nano's with the MH are very cool, dont waste your time on the pc's.

R

reeffer

if you like to limit yourself more, go with pc. your already limited by size, dont limit yourself by lights to, if you can afford to.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by fisherson
Hello just wondering if you had to decide what lights to pick for a nano reef would you pick the coralife 96 watt pc's or a 70 watt 14k hqi metal halide with no pc's at all?

I have a 20g and am waiting for 175W MH with moon lights and 2 X 23 PC to be delivered. $209 new and shipped. I have 195 Watts PC on it now. Coralife 2 X65 and another 65 PC.
Its pretty good now, but I should be able to use the new set up as a optional tanning bed.
Mc

kevin j

I would go with the m. h. but thats my opinoin. And grumpy that is a beautiful tank to say the lest. I have a 26 bow i am working on and i hope mine looks half as good as yours.
kevin

grumpygils

Originally Posted by kevin j
I would go with the m. h. but thats my opinoin. And grumpy that is a beautiful tank to say the lest. I have a 26 bow i am working on and i hope mine looks half as good as yours.
kevin
Thanks!

guppie

This is my old 12gal with 96w PC it worked well for me. The 14K MH look great also. It all depends on what you want to keep.