nano skimmer worth it?

dnraiders

do you know if the current fission nano skimmer works?
i heard that the only problem is that you have to clean the cup every one or two days.i have a JBJ 24g tank and its about 3 inches wide and tall enough in the back so do you know of any protein skimmer that will fit?
thanks
also how do you port pictures?

nietzsche

Originally Posted by dnraiders
i heard that the only problem is that you have to clean the cup every one or two days.i have a JBJ 24g tank and its about 3 inches wide and tall enough in the back so do you know of any protein skimmer that will fit?
thanks
The Sapphire NanoSkimmer NC24. i hear the fission one sucks

nietzsche

google search for "Sapphire NanoSkimmer NC24" and it should have a few links, its about 124. look for the website that contains "nano" in it. has a lot of stuff to tune your nanos.

wanabebell

heres is the thing
i dont have any expieriece on the nano skimmers
but your commenting on the cleaning every day or 2
every skimmer should be cleaned daily-bidaily for maximum out put they just dont HAVE to be

jba6511

the aqua c remora is one of the better nano skimmers out there. Its a HOB type though, so I do not know if that will work in a nano cube. I would check the classifieds here and on a few other sites, and your local reef club for some deals. I second that the nano fission is just a waste of money. As far as cleaning goes, I use a skimmer on a 10 gallon and pull some dark brown gunk, but my skimmer is meant to be used upt o 65 gallons. I only have to dump the collection cup once a week, when it gets about half full. Your frequency will be different of course and will depend on how much gunk is pulled. Hope this helps.

nick76

the fission nano is junk i can tell you that, bought one when I 1st started and never got any results from it.

U

undulated guy

what are the tank demisions. if you could fit it in your tank a berlin 60 would be great for a 24 gallon i had one in a 29 gallon and it kept my water pristine. it is an in tank skimmer that uses an air stone, also air stones in your tank promote lots of gas exchange which is good. it also sells for less than $30 on this site. it would be an over powered skimmer for your tank but in such a small tank water quality can drop fast and IMO you can never have to much filtration.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by dnraiders
thanks
I didn't read this whole thread but I KNOW the nano fussion is the worse product on the planet.
Mc

snaredrum

I have the Sapphire Aquatics BC29. I think it should be standard equipment. This little skimmer after about 24 hours breakin works wonders. I know its a little more expensive, but easy to adjust and works great. I was amazed at the junk that this skimmer has taken out of my tank and my tank was cystal clear before. I can see a big difference with all my corals after only running about 2 months.