Nano Skimmer?!?!

pblrdom

So i am looking to stay small on my 22 gallon nano when looking for a skimmer. I am going to be running a fuge and would also like a skimmer. I found a certain, "Nano Skimmer" on a Dr's site that that looks to good to be true.
I was going to revert to a AquaC Remora, but then stumbled across this guy.
Its a Fission Nano Skimmer (CD-25723).... Has any 1 seen this used in action? Any thoughts? I LOVE the fact that it can go in the water, keeping it contained within my fuge would be a god sent.
Let me know what you all think, i have attached some pictures of it.

I have heard bad things about these skimmers. A company called "Sapphire" makes a nano skimmer which is supposed to work quite well though.

pblrdom

Ok i looked up the skimmer that you mentioned and its designed for the AquaPod 24. Does it mount specifically to that tank, or will it work in any tank?
The only concern that i have is that if this unit stands on the pump its maximum height is 14.5". My fuge that i want to place this in also measures 14.5" in height.
Any 1 have any pictures of this unit in action?
I'm very impressed with my research into it and would love to give it a try given it fits.

1320wrx

I have tried this skimmer and had very little luck with it, I just got a Tunze Nano skimmer and in 24 hours it started skimming, I never even had to dial it in. i deff. recommend it

joncat24

Look into the Tunze nano 9002 also. It fights right in the back compartment as well. Very nice skimmer and very quiet also.

pblrdom

Tunze Nano DOC Protein Skimmer 9002

I love the size, is it better? Its a tad bit more expensive, which isn't an issue, but any 1 use this skimmer have any input?

pblrdom

think that i might go with the Tunze. Any 1 else have this guy? Id love to know how it fairs for people and to see some action shots. :)

sh00tist

If you are willing to spend the $$ then you really cant go wrong buying that Tunze you wont have to fuss over it at all, quet, you will never regret it and your tank will love you.