Nano Tank PICS!!!

onephish2

Im getting ready to buy my 24g aquapod and am trying to figure out what look i want to go for. PLEASE POST PICTURES OF NANO TANKS!! MUCH APPRECIATED :)

jerth6932

Thx, it is still in the break in phase of the MH's so that is why my long standing toadstool leather is down on the sand.......... he usually sits in that gap where the shrimps wiskers are on the left hand side of the pix.....

jerth6932

Originally Posted by bigpete
this is my 12 GAL DLX which i have posted WAY too much but you can get some ideas....

Always looks good every time I see it!!!!

hagfish

Originally Posted by Charliewww
Here is a pic of my brand new 12 gallon Aquapod.
Looks nice. But that starfish will starve in that small of a tank. They need a whole lot of live rock to feed off of.

charliewww

Originally Posted by hagfish
Looks nice. But that starfish will starve in that small of a tank. They need a whole lot of live rock to feed off of.
The starfish is small 1.5 in. I have had it for months? It seem happy.

bigpete

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
Always looks good every time I see it!!!!

thanks jerth, your tank is gorgeous as well

hagfish

Originally Posted by Charliewww
The starfish is small 1.5 in. I have had it for months? It seem happy.
Size doesn't matter when there's no food to eat. It can take 6 months or more to starve. Start another thread and ask ophiria about it. It needs closer to 100 lbs. of live rock.
FWIW, I had one in a 20 gallon. It lasted 5-6 months and looked fine up until the day it died, then it just melted.

keith burn

Size doesn't matter when there's no food to eat. It can take 6 months or more to starve. Start another thread and ask ophiria about it. It needs closer to 100 lbs. of live rock.
FWIW, I had one in a 20 gallon. It lasted 5-6 months and looked fine up until the day it died, then it just melted.
100 lbs l/r what only 1/2 gal of water and all rock?

In a 12gal about 20/25 will work.
And i tkank starfish will nead more l/r than you can get into 12 gal.

hagfish

Originally Posted by keith burn
100 lbs l/r what only 1/2 gal of water and all rock?

In a 12gal about 20/25 will work.
And i tkank starfish will nead more l/r than you can get into 12 gal.
I was only suggesting that's how much LR the starfish needs. I never said he should put that much LR in a 12 gallong tank

sfe

Originally Posted by OnePhish2
Im getting ready to buy my 24g aquapod and am trying to figure out what look i want to go for. PLEASE POST PICTURES OF NANO TANKS!! MUCH APPRECIATED :)
tank pics suck

fisherson

i'l post my 10 gallon later.. my stock list is..
yellow watchman goby
carribian pistol shrimp
Fire shrimp
white anemone crab
emerald crab
4 hermits
5 snails
lots of stomella varia''s however you say it
bright orange zo'a
bright green zoa's
purple/green spotted shrooms
pulsing blue zenia's
star polyps
other random green striped shroom

keith burn

I was only suggesting that's how much LR the starfish needs. I never said he should put that much LR in a 12 gallong tank
ho ok