nano tank purchase advise

autotech

need advise i am considering buying a 28 gal nano cube with a 150 watt hqi lighting does anyone have any expeience with this type of setup ? is a chiller a have to item because im worried about temp swings . or i might go with the cf quad set up due to the fact if chiller is needed i wont be able to afford it . also is the black sand a bad idea will it help buffer ph and calcium or does it just look pretty

blackjacktang

i had a 24g AquaPod with a 150w HQI on it. Never had a chiller on it. But i guess it depends on were you live and all that.

autotech

ive seen pics of nanos with the black sand looks nice . ive got a 90 gal. reef never messed with the nano style before just seem like a lot of light in a little hood . i run 8 65 watt p/c bulbs on the 90 with two 4 inch fans and in the hot summer months it can get up in low 80's somtimes in the tank .trying to get as much info as possible before i dive in to the nano

autotech

i think ill go for it and get the hqi set up it will be cycling thru the summer anyways so i wont have to risk to much and i hate the i wish i would have got that feeling lol