Naso Tang got eaten

thauro77

My Naso tang got weaten by the carpet anemome. I went on vacation for a week and left the tank on its own. When I got back last night everything was accouinted for and no losses. I feed the fish and all was fine. When O woke up this morning I noticed that the carpet anemone was all close but did not pay attention until after I took a shower and the lighhts were on. Oh the tragedy!!! it ate the Naso Tang; all that was left was some sort of mesh with bones and like saliva. I am sad. Is this common to happen?

thauro77

The only thing I did net feed last night was the anemone, I guess she just "lost" it. Is it normal for the anemone to "process and digest" a 5" long Tang over night?

meowzer

I don't have a clue what is considered "normal" for an anemone...I have read of them eating fish though...

devil dog

Originally Posted by thauro77
http:///forum/post/2966454

My Naso tang got weaten by the carpet anemome. I went on vacation for a week and left the tank on its own. When I got back last night everything was accouinted for and no losses. I feed the fish and all was fine. When O woke up this morning I noticed that the carpet anemone was all close but did not pay attention until after I took a shower and the lighhts were on. Oh the tragedy!!! it ate the Naso Tang; all that was left was some sort of mesh with bones and like saliva. I am sad. Is this common to happen?
Carpet anemomes are killers! I dont care what comes by them if they can get it they will eat it... all of your fish could get it at any time...

sorry
DD

bmkj02

This happened to me. One at a time. I had a huge seahorse that I had for about 2 years and then one day gone. Didnt know what happened but later that night it started spittingit up and thats when I noticed. Next was the Yellow Tang and then the Angel. I was so mad. It was a beautiful carpet and didnt want to due away with it till one day she decided to move after a year in place and got sucked up the power head

life~reefer

Originally Posted by thauro77
http:///forum/post/2966454

Sorry that really stinks! And i would be so furious!! But by the way I really like those bright green zoas! What type??

M

mr.reef

well the same happened to me or power went out and before we got are pack u going the sailfin droped in it and it was gone.. so the next day i got it out and through it way my tang i had for over 6 years