Naso tang---not eating, help

clarkiiboi

Ok, just let me explain before the tang police come out. I bought one from here, when I got it, it was much bigger than I expected (but beautiful!). No worries though, I had all intentions to make my 180 a SW, it's currently in a 75.....and the 180 looks like it is coming sooner than I thought, but again not a problem.
Ok, I got it in the tank as of noon Wednesday. It grazed all day on the rocks. Today, I went to feed and nothing, no interest. I have tried red seaweed select (had handy) and bought brown seaweed select today (I read that they like the brown), tried emerald entree, another greens package I have, Formula 2, and brine, all soaked with garlic. Nothing.
Today, as of a few hours ago, I see a sunken in place at what I would think is it's stomach......stressing here, I recieved a beautiful tang and I need info on what I am doing wrong..., I tried all the greens I could get ahold of from 3 LFS. It is still picking at the rocks, but I am concerned with the sunken in belly.
Sorry so long----and thanks in advance.

azonic

Are there any signs of disease?
Any white marks or blemishes on his body?
Do you see him scratching or rubbing against the rocks?
Any weird twitching?
Anyone picking on him?
Any of the above could be a reason for him not to eat....if none of the above applies, he is probably just stressed from his travel and will likely adapt as time goes on. good luck with him

clarkiiboi

skilos1 do you know what the "dips" in his sides are caused by? Believe me there is plenty of greens and such on my LR to graze on, and I wouldn't of been worried until I saw these "dips". He seems to be very hungry though, has even "uprooted" my shaving brushes!!!!
Azonic
No signs of disease, when I put him into the tank he got some faded areas and literally those went away in seconds. He looks healthy, very. No twitching or scratching.
Anyone picking on him?
NO WAY--he is big, about 4 1/2 inches, all the others that thought they were bad arses didn't show any signs of aggressiveness.
Anyone, how long IYO, is too long to not accept food? I agree that it may be from stress to not eat, but the sunken in belly is mkaing me worry.

jumpfrog

I'll second the nori option. My Naso loves it. Also, try rubber banding some nori to a piece of rubble so he can "graze" naturally instead of pulling from a clip. They may get him going. They're big eaters and I'm sure he'll start up soon. They're great fish. Here's mine:

clarkiiboi

Thanks all, he is still not eating, but my rocks look nicer than they have in awhile. I was going to get nori, but I'm not sure if any supermarkets around here have an oriental section. I'll also see if I can get some tang heaven. Thanks. So, is it ok for now to see that dip on his belly? Still concerned with that, otherwise happy, healthy, and not stressed. I thought he was going to brush up against my hand today while fixing his rearrangement of the shaving brushes---not shy, by no means so thats a plus. Thanks again