naso tang

jay0705

Mauler, I would say about 8-9".
Mandy, the eyes are yellow ish my camera sucks. There is a white patch at the top of the tail north of wear the tail fin starts. Had me worried thought something happened. Upon further looking its normal skin, either stress or just pattern.
Eating, yes rt now mostly purple sea weed, today I will give him green. I feed the angel and scooter mysis and spirulina brine. I have not seen hit eat from water column but have seen him pick at sand.

mandy111

Mauler, I would say about 8-9".
Mandy, the eyes are yellow ish my camera sucks. There is a white patch at the top of the tail north of wear the tail fin starts. Had me worried thought something happened. Upon further looking its normal skin, either stress or just pattern.
Eating, yes rt now mostly purple sea weed, today I will give him green. I feed the angel and scooter mysis and spirulina brine. I have not seen hit eat from water column but have seen him pick at sand.
Those white marks will disappear when he becomes more comfortable. Nothing to worry about. But I have to be honest & say the size tank he us going in worries me a lot. They are very active swimmers. Love to surf the power heads. Mine turns on his side to catch the wave and surfs right along the whole 7 foot. He swims slow and then takes off and sprints. Ours is only. 6inches I am a little worried. I know people do it all the time but does that make it right ? Please don't take offense, I am not trying to offend hope you sit back. & think it through. But it's your decision in the end. Good luck. & keep us informed. ! P. S they love macro / chateau from the sump if you have some.

jay0705

I put macro in there lol no offense, his final tank is yet to be set. Min will be 6 but I do wana go larger. Ok the side thing is normal lol good. He does that now in flow

mandy111

thank you at @jay0705 I may have misunderstood, for some reason I thought you were a 4 foot, i have no problems with a 6 footer at all. I am sorry if I made you feel bad but I obviously got it wrong.
Go for it, should be more than happy in 6 footer with lots of swim room, maybe consider moving some rocks to the sump to free up water space for him, don't lose any bacteria that way.

jay0705

The temp tank is a 4. Its a 75. Iam upgrading to a larger tank. That prob was in my post. Should only be til may.
He hadn't yet before I went to bed. Same w the alage tho from thur, It was there went I left for wrk, gone when I got home. Last nt I saw him pecking at the alage tho.
Very docile fish, the small angel swims all around it np

mandy111

docile until he owns your tank......ours is docile if things go his way, but new fish and watch out he is evil. Thats why we are selling ours. they are extremely territorial once established. So be ware lol

jay0705

Hmm lol, you know when I put the alage in, I swore it turned sideways w its spines towards me and advanced lol.

mandy111

Hmm lol, you know when I put the alage in, I swore it turned sideways w its spines towards me and advanced lol.
Guy at lfs was cleaning tank & the had lipstick about 1-1/2 feet. It got pissed off & used it's spear in it's tail and sliced his wrist really bad. Think about 12 stiches. & a hell of a lot of pain.

jay0705

Ha ha ha nice. Aslong as its ok w my fish we be cool. I can understand stand being in his territory. My black clown bites me lol

jay0705

Just to give an update. The tang is doing well. Eating well too. I was concerned at first all it would eat was seaweed, but has since showed they indeed are not picky

jay0705

He's made it this long , I figure its safe. I was gona put the angel in my 56, but I may just put it w the naso now.

jay0705

Naso update. Added to display sat. All going good. My concern was w my yellow tang. He showed more intrest in the coral beauty than the naso.