Nasty Brown Algae

fisherman2

I have this nasty brown algae growing all over my lr and ls. it is also showing up around my green bubble and trumpet can anyone tell me how to fix this? this tank is only temporary but still dont like it any input will help. thanks, will

a sea k

Does it look like this?

If so then it is Lobophora variegata. If you find a way to get rid of it LMK. I have tried manual removal to no avail. Nutrient are very low and this is the only algea growing in the tank. All my corals and fish are very healthy.Can't seem to get all of it off the rocks and what is left grows back. I have heard that some Naso's will eat it but can't confirm. From what I have been able to find out removing the rock and starting over is the only sure thing.

might be cyno. try increasing water flow with another powerhead, or reposition the ones you have. check your nitrate and posphate. if they are up, you are probably over feeding.

vivioo7

Fisherman try to get a picture
a sea k look into a zebra urchin i hear they eat all types of non encrusting algae. I got mine a few days ago and its eatin all the green algae off the rocks so they look brand new, they are white except for where coralline is