Nates 10gallon frag tank

hi, right now the tank has been set up for about a year and a half and is filled with brown and green algea that make the tank look unpleasing. i would like to make the tank look better and clean before i do anything it, any suggestions?

nano-newb1983

i have had same problem b4.. i would get maybe 2 turbo snails, and also take the rocks out and scrap the alge off with a old toothbrush or something
Also do a few waterchanges to help

gemmy

What type of water are you using? Test phosphate, but this maybe a false reading due to algae consuming the phosphate. What type of food do you feed? Do rinse frozen foods?

I use filtered water from my pur water filter. I have been using pellets as food since there is not much that eats in the tank other than the clown. I use frozen upstairs

nikesb

theres your answer. pur water filters will not remove much compared to something like an ro/di

J

juliansreef2

nate do what i did brush it off with a toothbrush. it looks so much better without it and put some of the snails from upstairs down there for a couple days.

Julian, you were over my house today, i told you that i already brushed them :p and i bought two turbo snails that are going in now