Natural Light?

Lisha

I have a 75g saltwater tank with 4 fish and a couple of soft easy to care for corals (mushroom, zoa). The tank sits in front of a window. I want to figure out how to run my lights while including the natural sunlight. I don't have a timer on my lights, so our usual procedure is this: wake up at 5:30 AM and turn the blue lights on. I leave for work at 7, so I turn the white/blue lights on and feed them prior to leaving. Leave the whites/blues on until 7 PM, then blue only till 9 PM, then off for the rest of the night. I have noticed more algae with having the whites on all day.
Can I turn the whites off during the day and use natural sunlight instead? I am in Florida and there are no trees in front of the window, so plenty of sun comes in. The temperature stays put as we keep our house cool. I would still turn blues on in the morning and evening. Would this work?

lmforbis

Or you could get a couple $10 timers at Home Depot and use them to turn on and off the lights I think you might have more algae issues with natural sunlight if it is hitting the tank directly.