Natural Regional Tank

blue78vette

I have been playing with the idea of creating a tank the will be all fish from a region, from one of the great oceans. PLease help with ideas I do not know much about this idea so Im hoping yall do.
I have a 135 gallon that is very stable and up and running for about 8 months, It has about a 3" thick live sand bed and about 100 pounds of live rock that is all in 2 large stacks to make ALOT of swimming room for the only fish in this tank, my yellow stingray.
What do yall think does anyone know about this subject. I will post pictures as we go.

aquaknight

A tank designed/stocked to recreate a certain section of the ocean is called a "Biotope tank." Enter that into google and you'll get a couple tanks.
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Yellow rays come from the Caribbean, from the Carolinas to Trinidad. Very popular in Florida and the Grand Caymans. So you'd be aiming for a Caribbean biotope. Here's what I'd do, but realize the 135 is going to be too small for the ray fairly soon.
Yellow Ray
Sargassum Trigger
Cuban Hogfish or Bluehead Wrasse
Indigo Hamlet
2-3 Sergant Majors
Unfortunately the ray prevents any angel choices.

blue78vette

Aquaknight, thank you so much for the advice, I do know that the sting ray will need a larger tank at some point, I actually have already purchased a 320 that he will go in soon, but I really do want to create this "biotupe" (thanks for the name I didnt know)