Natural sea water?

vgl12

i recently bought some natural to try when i do my next water change.... is natural good or bad?and my tank has been up for about 5 months can i get a flameangel fish? an one more thing at the back top part of my tank some of my fish jump back there what can i do?

kromix

how could it be bad, its natural, the real stuff that your trying to imitate when u mix... I only use natural salt water :p

subielover

As long as you aren't getting the water at the shore then that is perfectly fine. Also flame angels need large (40 gallons+)tanks.

stanlalee

I for one dont favor natural water for numerous reasons (primarily expense and the instability of our tanks). sure it starts perfect which is great and an initial fill up this way would probably be good. my problem with it is our tanks cant maintain it perfectly long enough to justify the expense or effort. If our tanks are going to dirty up the water I'd rather start with pure R.O. water (and hopefully a salt with minimal nutrients) rather than ocean water. what starts as a perfect amount of low nutrients with sea water ends up being dirtier faster than starting with RO water. once corals and livestock start using what was ionically and elementally perfect, its thrown off. In other words with the instability of nutrient and element levels in our tank whats the point of paying 5x as much or boating and transporting off shore for perfection when within a few days (unlike the ocean) calcium, carbonates and other elements will be way off from where we started and nutrients will be higher. once you start having to add stuff (and you will in a highly stocked tank) its not so natural anymore.

vgl12

thanks! i added a new coral to my tank after i put the natural water in and its doing great!