naughty mandarins rated-R

compjtc

wow, that's awesome. I was under the impression that you could only keep one mandarin because they would kill each other. Neato :)

A

alix

pods... unless you are lucky enough to find one that taked prepared food.

azfishgal

Wow, I know it's hard enough just keeping one, you have two and they are obvisouly getting along.
They both look very healthy.

renogaw

that first pic looks like the guy saying WOOOHOOOO
wow, that's awesome. I was under the impression that you could only keep one mandarin because they would kill each other. Neato :)
i believe you can keep one of each --- in the tank, or if the tank is big enough you can keep multiples. Melev has a recording of his mandarins eating pellets out of olive jars, and he has at least 4 in his tank.

fish addict

Pretty mandarins!
How do you pair mandarins? Do you just put two in your tank and hope they pair up or is there a way to tell the difference between a male and felmale?

good alex

I think that the male mandarin has a much bigger fin on the top, it almost looks like a sail from a sail boat, and the female has a much smaller fin.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Good Alex
I think that the male mandarin has a much bigger fin on the top, it almost looks like a sail from a sail boat, and the female has a much smaller fin.
correct, the male mandarin has a very long spike on the top, almost like a firefish.