NBA Playoffs

martymcfly

Anyone here been paying attention to the playoffs? I knew the Bulls didn't have the experience to go all the way, but I did want them to beat the Celtics. Anyway now that the Bulls are out of it I would like to see King James and the Cavs win it all! So anyone else out there been watching the games...they are really starting to heat up?

reefraff

I am surprised the Lakers havent done better this year. Just no chemistry on that team but I hope they kill the Nuggets

aquaknight

Hopefully Shaq's prediction about Van Gundy/the Magic isn't completely true (choke artist). The last two Magic games have been brutal. Lost a 20point lead in game 4 and blew the win in game 5.
Both finals Den v. LA and CLE v. Orl/Bos are going to be good. The Cavs really haven't been tested yet. A good Magic or Boston team can beat the Cavs, just a matter if they show up
. The Den/LA is going to really good.

reefraff

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3043262
Hopefully Shaq's prediction about Van Gundy/the Magic isn't completely true (choke artist). The last two Magic games have been brutal. Lost a 20point lead in game 4 and blew the win in game 5.
Both finals Den v. LA and CLE v. Orl/Bos are going to be good. The Cavs really haven't been tested yet. A good Magic or Boston team can beat the Cavs, just a matter if they show up
. The Den/LA is going to really good.
If Denver goes into "Thuggets mode it might actually help the Lakers come together better as a team. It does look like there are going to be some good matchups.

kjr_trig

Been some good series for sure. Must disagree with you though Aqua, the east is a joke overall. While Orlando and Boston are having a very competitive series, either will get demolished by Cleveland. Everybody is making a big deal out of KG being out with the Celts, but "Big Baby" Davis is playing great, Orlando being without Jameer Nelson has been just as big IMO, Rafer Alston is terrble for a starting PG in the NBA playoffs, and nowhere near the point guard Jameer is. This is a battle of 2 teams missing important players, either will be thrashed by the Cavs, sorry Aqua, 4-1 at best in the conference finals.
Nuggets vs Lakers will be good though, not sure if the Cavs having it so easy to the finals will be good or not. I still like the Lakers to win it all.

martymcfly

I hope Denver beats the Lakers simply becuase I cannot stand Kobe Bryant. I just find him to be way to arrogant and very smug. I understand that he is one of the best players to play the game but I think he could be far more modest and just let his playing speak for itself. As far as Orlando/Boston and the Cavs, I'm pretty sure the Cavs didn't do very well against either of when they played in the regular season. However this is the playoffs so who knows. Hopefully the Cavs win it all.

squidward

Funny how the lakers who are supposed to be the superior team, if not the best team is struggling to beat the Rockets w/o Yao Ming. Luis Scola's a BEAST! I'll be rooting for the Nuggets all the way. Go Chauncey!

ironeagle2006

You give me the Bulls from the Early 90's or the late 90's when MJ Pippen with Horace Grant or Dennis Rodman as my Power Forward then give me with he Supporting Cast they had they would STILL mop the floors of ANYTEAM there is out there today adn you have to admit that. Especially the late 90's teams that for a 2 year strecth AVG 70.5 wins no other teram has even come close to that. Plus sent players to the Olpymics the SAME YEAR and Still repeated.
Kobe Bryant Lebron James they are not FIT TO CARRY MJ's JOCK STRAP.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Squidward
http:///forum/post/3043634
Funny how the lakers who are supposed to be the superior team, if not the best team is struggling to beat the Rockets w/o Yao Ming. Luis Scola's a BEAST! I'll be rooting for the Nuggets all the way. Go Chauncey!
Ming, like most big men, is over rated as far as his value on the court. Not that he isn't good but there are a lot of other people on the team. When the big man is the dominant player and goes down the other team loses all the coaching and prep time they have put into it so I wasn't too surprised the Rockets won the first game without Ming. But like I said before, the Lakers aren't playing close to the level of talent they have right now IMHO.

reefraff

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3043676
You give me the Bulls from the Early 90's or the late 90's when MJ Pippen with Horace Grant or Dennis Rodman as my Power Forward then give me with he Supporting Cast they had they would STILL mop the floors of ANYTEAM there is out there today adn you have to admit that. Especially the late 90's teams that for a 2 year strecth AVG 70.5 wins no other teram has even come close to that. Plus sent players to the Olpymics the SAME YEAR and Still repeated.
Kobe Bryant Lebron James they are not FIT TO CARRY MJ's JOCK STRAP.
And none of them are worthy to carry Magic or Bird's who weren't worthy to carry Wilt or Russel's.
Jordan was good but when he could match Wilts 101 point game and they invent a rule or two simply because he was so dominant you can talk about the greatest

reefraff

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3043753
how about them rockets?

As long as the team that wins this series beats the Nuggets I'll be happy. I will root against any team with a punk super star on it. People may not like Kobe for whatever reason but he has never came close to Carmello cheap shoting that guy then running back to his teams bench like a little girl.
That has always been a motivating factor in my dislike of the post Landry Cowboys, they always seem to have a cheap shot artist or big mouth show boat on the team. With T.O. gone it's going to be a lot harder to hate them but I am sure I will make due.

firestorm

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3044100
go cavs!

You've got your location listed as NYC...
you don't want the cavs to win, you want Lebron to continually not win the finals so he'll get po'd and leave in 2010 for NYC...
Think ahead! :p

martymcfly

The Lakers play early today for some reason and how nice would it be for them to lose to a broken down Rockets team. I highly doubt this will happen but it would just be so sweet to see the look on Kobe's face. Either way tonights game is what I am really looking forward to, I hope the Magic can steal the show.

firestorm

We've seen that look on Kobe's face many many many times....
And though I'd love to see it on Kobe's face one more time
I'd rather see the look on Shaq's face when another year passes when Kobe couldn't do it without him...."hey kobe, tell me how my ........ tastes" *laughs*

aquaknight

w00t Orlando to the conf. finals.

Kirk, I disagree. I think everyone is giving Cleveland a bit too much credit. They do deserve everything they earned in the regular season, but they played 2 terrible East times in playoffs. They are getting ready to play an actual team. Orlando went 2-1 against the Cavs this regular season. The wins were large (99-88/116-87(Cavs largest loss of the year FWIW)) and the loss was close (93-97). The Cavs flat out don't have an answer for Dwight. "Z" is going to be worked like he's never been before. The Magic don't have a solid answer for Lebron either but it will be interesting to see what Van Gundy tries. If the Magic have their 3-point game like they did for game 7, the Magic can win.
Personally I think we saw Stan's answer in game 7 when the Magic when "large." Howard, Pietrus, Lewis and Hedo. The Cavs don't have as many big men that can run with our big men.
Cleveland and Orlando were statistically the best defensive teams of the year. I just don't see it in 5, minimum 6 or 7 to either team.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3045633
w00t Orlando to the conf. finals.

Kirk, I disagree. I think everyone is giving Cleveland a bit too much credit. They do deserve everything they earned in the regular season, but they played 2 terrible East times in playoffs. They are getting ready to play an actual team. Orlando went 2-1 against the Cavs this regular season. The wins were large (99-88/116-87(Cavs largest loss of the year FWIW)) and the loss was close (93-97). The Cavs flat out don't have an answer for Dwight. "Z" is going to be worked like he's never been before. The Magic don't have a solid answer for Lebron either but it will be interesting to see what Van Gundy tries. If the Magic have their 3-point game like they did for game 7, the Magic can win.
Personally I think we saw Stan's answer in game 7 when the Magic when "large." Howard, Pietrus, Lewis and Hedo. The Cavs don't have as many big men that can run with our big men.
Cleveland and Orlando were statistically the best defensive teams of the year. I just don't see it in 5, minimum 6 or 7 to either team.
Dwight is a fantastic defensive player, the best PF/C in the league for D, he's very limited offensively other than off offensive rebounds. Said it already, with Jameer, this is a great series with Orlando having a chance...No Jameer, Cleveland is a far better team. Your only chance of even making this competitive is to steal game one from a rusty Cav team with 9 days off.
Please remember, Boston struggled to game 7 with Chicago and everybody said "what a great series it was!!! What everybody forgets is there is a reason Chicago was a 500 team, THEY SUCK!!! Orlando struggled to beat Boston. Put Boston without KG for the year and put them out West they don't even make the playoffs.
This has 4-1 written all over it....A great year for Orlando, but Bye Bye.