NBA Playoffs

martymcfly

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3045686
Dwight is a fantastic defensive player, the best PF/C in the league for D, he's very limited offensively other than off offensive rebounds. Said it already, with Jameer, this is a great series with Orlando having a chance...No Jameer, Cleveland is a far better team. Your only chance of even making this competitive is to steal game one from a rusty Cav team with 9 days off.
Please remember, Boston struggled to game 7 with Chicago and everybody said "what a great series it was!!! What everybody forgets is there is a reason Chicago was a 500 team, THEY SUCK!!! Orlando struggled to beat Boston. Put Boston without KG for the year and put them out West they don't even make the playoffs.
This has 4-1 written all over it....A great year for Orlando, but Bye Bye.
Whoa there...the Bulls suck....them is fightin' words!
They may not be a great team right now but they have a ton of young tallent, and finishing a season the way they did is not characteristic of a team that sucks! And who do you want to win, the Lakers?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
http:///forum/post/3045944
Whoa there...the Bulls suck....them is fightin' words!
They may not be a great team right now but they have a ton of young tallent, and finishing a season the way they did is not characteristic of a team that sucks! And who do you want to win, the Lakers?

Cmon McFly

The Bulls have some fabulous young talent, no question about that, I would love to have Derrick Rose backing up Steve Nash for a few years waiting to become one of the best PG's in the league.
They still suck by playoff standards, 41-41!!!!!! Cmon
My Suns were 10 games over 500 and missed the playoffs out West....The Celts are not that good without KG, the Magic are not that good without Jameer, the Spur are not that good without Manu, the Rockets are not that good without Yao (in spite of taking the Lakers to 7, they had no more than a "punchers chance" in game 7).
Just because they had a battle of a series with the Celts doesn't make either team good...Washington and Sacramento might have had an exciting series if they played, doesn't make em good.
And yes I will be rooting for the Lakers, and yes the Lakers will win it all, their poor play at times against Houston was a wake up call, no more.

d-man

the cavs and nugets have not had to work the lakers and magic have been working hard I think this may be a factor
I hate kobe too
go spurs :(

aquaknight

Kirk, you're being pretty crimzy'ish on this one.

Yes Chicago was a 500 team, but they surely didn't finish out the season or play Boston like a 500 team. They got hot and played great till the end. Boston and Orlando had a tough series because they match up well. Big Baby played great in Garnett's shoes. Doesn't have quite the same D, but he will get a nice salary next year when he signs a big contract somewhere else.
Orlando played 32 regular season games w/o Jameer. We are no doubt a better team with Jameer, but we've had time to adjust and shown we can still play.
Don't forget the last time Lebron James lost a game in a Cavs uniform, it was a 23-point smash out to the Magic........ without Jameer..... And oh, the Lakers, Magic went 2-0 against them this year

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3046077
Kirk, you're being pretty crimzy'ish on this one.

Yes Chicago was a 500 team, but they surely didn't finish out the season or play Boston like a 500 team. They got hot and played great till the end. Boston and Orlando had a tough series because they match up well. Big Baby played great in Garnett's shoes. Doesn't have quite the same D, but he will get a nice salary next year when he signs a big contract somewhere else.
Orlando played 32 regular season games w/o Jameer. We are no doubt a better team with Jameer, but we've had time to adjust and shown we can still play.
Don't forget the last time Lebron James lost a game in a Cavs uniform, it was a 23-point smash out to the Magic........ without Jameer..... And oh, the Lakers, Magic went 2-0 against them this year

When this series is over, and Cleveland wins 4-1, I'm gonna say "they are who I thought they were"
Seriously, Orlando is an awesome team with a really subpar point guard.
The Lakers play hard less than half the time, get them on a night they are playing hard, you lose.

martymcfly

Its gonna be a good game tonight don't miss it because the Nuggets are gonna go up 1-0 on the Lakers. Should be some interesting mach ups I am certainly looking forward to it.

aquaknight

Magic went into the Cavs house and tore it down (or at least part of it, the shot clock/camera youtube) and by the end of the game, they left The King and his troops battered, bruised, and bleeding.
What a fantastic game, one of the best all year. The Cavs came out and spanked the Magic. The Magic stayed in it though, err Stan Van Gundy did. He won the game for the team and flat out earned his job tonight. The Magic kept pressing and eventually tired the Cavs. The last second jumpball and almost made shot by Williams was nuts.
Congrats to both teams, it was a great game. Hopefully Lebron is okay. He put his team on his shoulders and truly gave 110%. MVP of the league without question.

kjr_trig

I admit I'm surprised, but both conference finals have been unbelievable thus far...Very compiling TV, and the 2 greatest players on the planet have been at the center of it, from Lebron's amazing shot, to Kobe taking over last night.

florida joe

Some one better tell the magic how lucky they are to be in the playoffs
Cavs (Lebron) one second away from being down 3 games

aquaknight

Orlando to the finals!
The King was dethroned by Superman. Ran off the court at the end of the game, and left with headphones on into the team's bus, no interviews. I would decline as well... The NBA's fantasy story of Kobe and LeBron isn't going to happen. Just wondering if there will be Kobe and Dwight puppets now?

As for Lakers vs. Magic, I would be lying if I didn't like the Magic's chances. Personally the Lakers and Cavs appear to be the same team. Wrapped around one central mega-star, a center that will be worked to death by Howard, and a supporting-cast that has gathered increasing suspicious credit. Suspect a double team on Howard with Gasol and Bynum, much like Z and Varejao. LeBron was put to the test, now it will be Kobe's turn. The Magic went 2-0 against the Lakers this season, granted one win was with Jamar, but the way Alston and Pietrus have played at point guard, they've stepped up for the Playoffs.

ironeagle2006

Remember this Kobe NEVER won WITHOUT SHAQ. MJ NEVER without PIPPEN GRANT the first 3 then WITHOUT the WORM the last 3. In LA all they have is Kobe and Odem and which Odem shows up is the porbloem the one that will drop 20 on you or the one that could not hit the side of the freaking barn with a shotgun from 10 feet. Orlando has multiple players that can all score and all dominate if one is having an off night along with Howard. I say Magic in 5 and they win it at home in Orlando.
I still stick by my Earlier statement that Labron is not worthy to hold MJ's Jock Strap and he proved it during the Confonrace Finals. Home court advantage and they got their BUTTS handed to them. Kobe is the same way.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3054051
Remember this Kobe NEVER won WITHOUT SHAQ. MJ NEVER without PIPPEN GRANT the first 3 then WITHOUT the WORM the last 3. In LA all they have is Kobe and Odem and which Odem shows up is the porbloem the one that will drop 20 on you or the one that could not hit the side of the freaking barn with a shotgun from 10 feet. Orlando has multiple players that can all score and all dominate if one is having an off night along with Howard. I say Magic in 5 and they win it at home in Orlando.
Good luck with that...You don't watch the Lakers much huh? OdO
m is not the second best player on that team, Pau Gasol is. Not too many teams have a 3rd option as good as Odom, let alone having the best player on the planet as your first option.
Magic played great against the Cavs for sure...Still can't figure how they struggled so much with the Celts whom had their best player and his backup out for the year, no team with Brian Scalabrini playing 30 minutes a game can be that good.

Should be a fun series though. Yes the Magic won both games in the regular season, but the Lakers were up huge in both and kind of fell asleep in both as they did on a regular basis, I don't think the Magic can count on that in the finals. If the Lakers hold home court in the first 2, it will be really tough for the Magic.

B

bigtankbigfish

Kobe, this is your year. Drive to the rim, dish to gasol. Get everyone involved. Last year the Celtics were just too strong. THey were stacked with garnett healthy. This year you have Bynum, and if Odom plays hard and ariza is consistent you cannot lose this year.
Shaq will know how your *** taste in 6 games.

reefraff

I haven't watched the Magic enough to know how well they will play against the Lakers but I have watched enough Lakers games to know anyone who says they only have one good player either doesn't watch them or doesn't know squat about B-Ball. If they played close to the level of talent on that team they would have cruised through the playoffs so far. Looked like they were finally starting to come together during the last couple games with the thuggets.

kjr_trig

Fun game last night

I have to admit, it was more the Magic playing terrible, for them to shoot 29% from the field is an embarrassment. However I do think the Lakers have turned it up a notch, and they can take it to a level no other team in the league can.
One thing we didn't really mention was this is also Phil Jackson vs. Stan Van Gundy...I find Van Gundy amusing and fun to watch, but he is certainly not on Phil's level as a coach, particularly in an NBA final.