Need a BIG Hermit

whitey

Anyone know where I can get a large Hermit Crab for my Aggressive tank?
I need one to help clean up the bottom but can never come across one that's not tiny.
Is there a particular species I should be looking for? I know I've seen big ones ( 3 inches or so ) but have never seen them for sale. Any ideas would be appreciated

ohioguy06

I do beilieve the starry hermits tend to be the larger species.......................................HTH

aw2

Aquatic World, on N. Lincoln - east of Ashland, sells Red Starry's...that's where I got all of mine.
Saltwater section, of course...left side of the store. Back of the store, first few tanks on your right, on the bottom row.
$8/each.

rhomer

A lfs here has a hermit that is about 10-12" inches across. His legs are about 5" high. Just by looking I would guess he is about 5 lbs.
Rob

relaxn79

get the electric blue hermit. I got one its like 3 inches but I want more and can't find them locally. has them but I hate to pay for shipping.

matty0h_52

Ive seen one at my LFS that is a little bigger then a baseball. Been there for awhile to. hmmmm If your in the Cali area ill tell you where.

appaloosa1

I have a striped hermit crab. He is about 4-5 inches right now and I've seen several at the beach around 10 inches. Not paticualrly reef safe if they don't have enough food. Mine only eats corals if there is not enough food in the tank.

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by Appaloosa1
I have a striped hermit crab. He is about 4-5 inches right now and I've seen several at the beach around 10 inches. Not paticualrly reef safe if they don't have enough food. Mine only eats corals if there is not enough food in the tank.
Thats something to remember because im shure these things are bull Dosers

vrb115

hey whitey,
PM me you can have mine for shipping. He has been with a 4 to 5 inch picasso and
a 4 inch + porc puffer fo over a year now. Also I forgot HE IS HUGE!! 5+ inches

whitey

Originally Posted by vrb115
hey whitey,
PM me you can have mine for shipping. He has been with a 4 to 5 inch picasso and
a 4 inch + porc puffer fo over a year now. Also I forgot HE IS HUGE!! 5+ inches

vrb,
Cant figure out how the heck to pm, but shoot me an email.
How much to ship to 60538?
Does he attack your fish? Let me know whatever info you have on him.
He'd be goin in a 125.
Thanks for the offer
skinyj@yahoo.com

mudplayerx

Keep in mind that if you have a reef tank, none of the hermit crabs that are larger than a typical cleaner hermit are safe.

rara12

Giant reds arnt called giant for nothing. I have seen one living in a full sized conch shell before. God his claw was huge.