need a larger storage tank for R/O water..any web sites?

nsajd

Have a standard two gallon storage tank...want to upgrade to 20+ Gallon. All plumbing can easily be done by myself..Any ideas?

T

tizzo

I use a 15 gallon rubbermaid bin.
But I think I'm gonna go get that trash can Forddna mentioned. I didn't even think about the dolly.

prime311

The Brutes are nice. I got the cheaper trash can from Lowes and its working fine so far. Just need to figure out how to hook up a float switch to turn my RO/DI off heh.

scsinet

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2576435
The Brutes are nice. I got the cheaper trash can from Lowes and its working fine so far. Just need to figure out how to hook up a float switch to turn my RO/DI off heh.
Careful. The cheapo cans have weak seams and will eventually leak. I went through 3 of them in a 2 year period before switching to a Brute.

prime311

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2576453
Careful. The cheapo cans have weak seams and will eventually leak. I went through 3 of them in a 2 year period before switching to a Brute.

Ya its too late now, and after dropping so much on the system already I was trying to save costs, but if/when these develop leaks I'll replace them something better.

mr.m

Sounds like he has the 2 gal dranking water tank now and wants a bigger one if thats the case try looking at well water tanks

Mark

snakeblitz33

I would definately get a brute. I have used them for awhile now and they work fine.
If you are just needing a water storage container, you can use anything that has a tight fitting lid. Just get a plastic float valve, drill a hole for it, fit it on the can, attach your water line. Then, drill a hole in the side or the bottom so that you can easily drain it. Use a bulkhead and a ball valve for sure.
If you are doing water changes, it is relitively easy to just use a mountain spring bottle or something of the like.
I mix about 50 gallons of saltwater at a time at home for water changes and use two brutes with the same setup as what I am talking about.
Good luck to yah!

forddna

So I was the first reply on here suggesting the Brute, and I just picked mine up today. The dolly fits the 44 and 32(?) gallon cans, and I needed the 44. Wow, is it heavy! The dolly is a lifesaver, just for moving the thing around empty! LOL (okay, I'm all of 115lbs, so that doesn't help things)
They aren't cheap, but I don't want to fill a cheap can with 40+ gallons of water and have it sit for days like that.