need a sump for a 55 gallon tank and live rock in nj

dsmith

im starting a reef tank i need alot of stuff, i have the lighting and tank, i need a sump , also i dont have the tank drilled so can i run a sump from under the tank still, also i need live rock or sand soi can start the tank , i live in rahway nj, i will travel if you are selling what i need

iyaoyas

I built my sump out of a 20 gallon long aquarium ($25 @ petsmart), picked up 3 plexiglass sheets from Lowes ($2 each), and 2 tubes of Aquarium silicone from Petsmart ($5 each).
I have mine setup with a skimmer compartment, 2 baffles, refugium, 1 baffle, and then the return side.
I will try to find a link to the plans I used if interested.
Just a suggestion, it's an easy DIY and you get it setup the way you want it.

dsmith

no i do not have a skimmer, and if you guys can help build a sump i would be so happy , just tell me how to do it and i will buy the products and show you guys the overall sump with my pics, also you dont have to your tank drilled to have a sump correct

iyaoyas

You don't have to drill the tank, you can buy an overflow. Building a sump is simple, it took me about half an hour to do mine. The silicone needs to cure for 2 days before using it.
Why don't you start a new thread in the DIY forum? When I get home from work today I will find that link for you and get you going.

dsmith

thank you very much , i love this web site every one is willing to help, i wish more people were lik that

dsmith

what type of skimmer should i use and pumps for the return and sump, also what kind of tubing should i use to connect it to my 55 gallon tank