Need advice on fish to buy?

dad

Hi, Have not been around for awhile so first of all "HELLO".
I have a 200g with a 55g refugium. I have a snowflake eel and a foxface and a complete cleanup crew at the moment. I had a clown and a gobie but they disapeared. Not sure what happened?
So what can I keep with the eel and cleanup crew(snails,crabs,etc)?
If anyone has a reef tank with this and more, please let me know what you have!
Thanks

ithorian_r

i can tell ya where the clown and goby went....lunch for the eel! with a 200g i would go with a large angel, a tang or two, maybe a volitan....with that tank you have several options

dad

You are probly right about the fish gone. I did think about a volitan but won't they eat my hermit crabs?
Seems I am on the verge of a agressive reef tank?

murph145

hey there just reading your thread....
how large is your eel?? i heard snowflake eels are more liable to eat smaller fish and such than a white ribbon eel.... ribbon eels are supposed to be very tame and doscile... which mine seems to be.... ive never had a problem with him eating anything in the tank..
yeah it sounds like to me that either you will have to get rid of the eel or do the agressive reef tank and add a niger triger and some other fish that maybe able to be kept in a reef tank that wont be eaten by larger fish and dont eat corals .... hard choice to make...
i dont have the biggest of clean up crews..... i only have about 3 large turbos, 4 nasarius snails and about 12 hermits in my 100 gallon tank.... and a skunk shrimp too.... i also have a serpent star and a knobby linkia star and a blue linkia.... i do have lots of hitchickers from a peanut worm to paper shell snails to an abalone so they probably help with cleanup too...
as for fish i keep in my tank i have a mated pair of yellow tail damsils, a 3 stripped damsil, a siscor tail dart fish, a mandarin dragonet, a fuzzy dwarf lionfish, a hippo tang, a tomato clown, an engineer goby and an electric blue damsil.... those damsils are impossible to catch lol thats why they are still in my tank

dad

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading up on aggresive reef tanks. Most say they are almost imposible?
My eel is about 14" now. I have apox 250 snails and 50 hermits.
I am trying to narrow down what fish i can have with the eel and still have a nice reef tank with my cleanup crew? VERY hard!!!
Need more advice, lol

murph145

well my fuzzy dwarf would be a good addition to your tank they dont get too big and dont really mess with anything