Need advice! Which T5 lighting should i get?

vexrsx05

moprint

Get the six bulb fixture. It has a better reflector design then the 8 bulb system. I own the same fixture and like it a lot. petmountain.com has it for $336 with free shipping. If you read the descirptions the Nova Extreme Pro says individual reflectors, where the regular Extreme says a parabolic reflector. I upgraded from the same power compact fixture and wow what a difference you will not be disappointed.

nietzsche

go with the extreme pro since it has individual reflectors. and were not mods so were not going to tell you not to post links

vexrsx05

ok but if i go with the 6x54 light is this an upgrade from what i have now??? Currently i have the compact lights 4x54.. i dont want to dish out almost 400 for a slightly upgrade

nietzsche

t5ho with individual reflectors is a lot better than those with not. from what i heard, the nova extreme t5ho with individual reflectors is just as good as the Tek fixture. if you want better than those, you can go with Aquaticnics or the ATI fixture, but itll cost you more money

nycbob

yes. but its not just about light. u gotta hv the right water parameters. this pic is mine with nova pro 6x54w over a 72 bowfront.

even an anemone if u want.

vexrsx05

wow, very impressive pics, how long did it take for the corals to get that big!!!!!
See i have a bubbletip anenome (got him like 6 months ago) and all he does is chill on top of tank closer to the light! Hes not expanded or anything!!! He looks shrivled up! Im guessing my current lights arent enough huh?

nycbob

with the right light and setup, corals can grow pretty fast. the bta tripled in size in 8 months. i got rid of it bc it was too BIG. most of the sps frags was picked up the last 2-3 months. the staghorns was picked up back in october. it grew from 2 to 6 inches already.

vexrsx05

here let me tak a pic of my tank and ill show ya...i want this stuff to triple its size! It seems like our polyps arent accumulating for some reason...

vexrsx05

water parameters? What you mean? Sorry im kinda a nooby with this! My fiance is the one who knows all about aquariums and water conditions

vexrsx05

oooo we just tested our waters and everything was A-OK
....i just think our lights are kinda weak since they are just power compacts.....

nycbob

thanx a lot. i purchased another another 3 sps frags today, so i will update my pic later on in the week. i am getting rid of the clove corals on the upper left, bc its growing like mad. anyone in nyc interested?