Need Advice!!

cableguy

So I got my tank up and running last weekend. Today I put in 100lbs of live rock and after wathcing my tank for the last 1-2 hours I have a TON of alive stuff... And they look hungry too! What do I do? Do I need to drop some flake food in or something?
Here are the pics. My good camera (a G9) uses a media my laptop doesnt support so I had to use my crappy PAS camera.
I have like 5 moving clams.

Here is one of two little feather dusters I found (Hard to see cuz of crappy pic, but its right in the middle.)

This look like a rock anemone..?

And then here are the hungry guys I was talking about.

That have little tongues / nets and I have about 20 of them I can see and they are all fishing for food. (I havent put one drop of any type of food in the tank.)
God this hobby is soo cool. Live rock in my tank for 5 hours and already things are coming to life!!!!

cableguy

I got my answer. (Thanks Aquaman) But I can't seem to delete this so I am just going to reply.
They are barnacles and he said I can try plankton but its a long shot for them to live.

ibanez

Actually, from where you got the live rock from, there may not be much die off and they may live. Try marine snow, it is good stuff. The anemone looks like majano, bad anemone if it is.

cableguy

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3248468
Actually, from where you got the live rock from, there may not be much die off and they may live. Try marine snow, it is good stuff. The anemone looks like majano, bad anemone if it is.
Yes it does... Im looking at pics right now. Is it because they can spread so easy and take over a tank quickly? How to I get rid of it?

ibanez

Originally Posted by cableguy
http:///forum/post/3248477
Yes it does... Im looking at pics right now. Is it because they can spread so easy and take over a tank quickly? How to I get rid of it?
I personally have never had one, but I am sure aiptasia x would work. All the methods for aptasia should work. If you try and scrape them off or hassle them, they will spread like crazy, you have to kill them quickly and inject them before they see it coming.

dmschiff

Sorry to jump in, but I wanted to make sure Aiptasia X is safe for fish. Has anyone used it with fish?
The info on SWF says it is reef safe, coral safe, invertebrate safe, but nothing is mentioned about fish. I already tried the peppermint shrimp route. It worked great. I went t bed at night and each morning more and more Aiptasia were gone. It took about a week to rid my tank of about 30. They stayed away forseveral months and then all of a sudden they started multiplying again. Now they are 10 x worse than before. I just read that they actually release a form of an egg when they feel threatened or are killed and therefore will multiply later on. The Aiptasia X is suppossed to take care of this problem.

handbanana

how about pickeling lime? I used on on aptasia I had and it literally melted. now however I have two and there huge! Pissed off and mean looking! I dont want them to spread.

ibanez

Aiptasia x is safe for fish, I have used it in a tank with fish with no problems. However, any foam that gets on coralline algae will bleach it white so try not to get it on anything other than the aiptasia.