Need An Answer ASAP!!

dapak83

ok guys ive made a list of inverts i want in my tank .. i m gonna order it as soon as some ones gives me a headsup!.....( for those of you who havent read b4 i m starting to get an algea problem soo i need to get these asap!) :needhelp:
my list is
1 conch
1 cleaner clam
10 turbo snails
5 nas snals
1 choco chip start
and thinking about a sponge......
can i add all these at once with out makking the bioload crazy in my tank... :notsure: ... (55 gall)
reply asap... need to get the cleaner crew soon as i can!

maurice

I would only put about 5 of the turbo's in your tank,but other than that i think everything looks fine.Also remember the CC star is not reef safe!

daytonaree

Add some phosgaurd to help the algae most r.o. water is not run though a D.I. unit so you may have high phosphates and silicates and or nitrates causing algae. So try some type of Phosphate sponge. It will help and its cheap.

pontius

depending on what type algae you're talking about, pencil urchins may help you more than any of the inverts you have listed. emerald crabs may also help.

us~^>shark

I got a lawnmower blenny too and he, along with some turbo snails, tore into mine and it was gone in no time. They were amazing to watch.

dapak83

thanks guys.... my algea problem is just starting i dont think it is all that serious....and the star fish though not reef saef.... i m not gonna get n e reefs for atleast another 4-5 months... ATLEAST 4-5 months.... soo i will ditch him when needed....other then that.... 1 problem is that this site only sell turbo snails at package of 10.... how can i get only 5?
lastly adding all of the inverts at one time shouldnt cause n e sorta crazy load in my tank now will it?

us~^>shark

I added many more to my tank and no, they won't put a bio-load strain on your tank, at least mine didn't. As for the chocolate star, not sure what you mean by "ditching" him, but I see my creatures as pets. Hopefully by ditching, you mean you will take it back to a LFS and trade him in so someone else has an opportunity to appreciate him for more than just a cleaner.
In fact, if you really don't plan on keeping him, I think you can accomplish what you need without even getting him. I had a serious algae problem and did fine with just the snails and the blenny.

dapak83

i didnt mean to kill the poor thing... i love all animals i cant harm them in any ways.. sorry it came out wrong.. i was just going to give him to some one else or a LFS as u mentioned.... and like i said i dont know when i m going to start with the reefs because idont have the correct lightning in my tank yet to keep the reef.... soo i will get them after a bit.. untill then i really want to own a starfish... i love te way they are too cool!

f1shman

i agree with what everyone said, and i don't know what a phosphate sponge is, probably some sort of filtration media.

daytonaree

its kinda a media in some forms it absorbs phosphates and silicates which in combonation with nitrates will cause bad algae problems. There should be a forum on here on algae. most poeple think it will pass and for some it will but it mostly depends on 1 if your ro water was ran though a d.i. filter and if your nitrates are high. some poeple figure out after a 1 that it will not go away on its own.