Need an ID...Green Dragon Wrasse????

impulse-ive

I got him at a LFS. I have never seen a Dragon Wrasse in this color. is it something other than what i think?

Best pic of his actual color...

rlablan

I have no idea what this thing is, but it's sooo cool looking. Haha it looks like the sea weed I put in my tank for my emeralds.

impulse-ive

I know...my favorite fish was always a Radiata but after seeing this guy and his wrasse -like swimming i'm quickly falling for him. I sure hope he keeps this color.

impulse-ive

That is what i thought. but there was another in the same tank and the same size but it was was brown. I'll take pics on the progress to see if it changes. I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays green.

P.S. the cubs won today!

rlablan

Let me get this straight. It goes from that gorgeous green fish, to that ugly on in the last picture? How unfortunate...

dazed2040

Originally Posted by impulse-ive
http:///forum/post/3092494
That is what i thought. but there was another in the same tank and the same size but it was was brown. I'll take pics on the progress to see if it changes. I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays green.

P.S. the cubs won today!

It would be cool if it keeps it color.
lets go cubbies!!!

aquaknight

The initial juvenile color seems to just depend upon location. They all will turn brown, then change to the adult coloration. And at what size depends on the individual fish, just like large angels change at different sizes. Be sure you know what size these beasts will grow to, and why in fact, their other commonname, and perhaps better suited, is the Rockmover Wrasse.
Here's a red juvi from Kenya.

rlablan

I can't believe that fish morphs like that. different color and shape completely... What interesting creatures.

impulse-ive

I was pretty sure that was the case. I have seen the red and brown before.
I'll have to do some digging to see where the green is from. Thanks guys. I hope at the very least you got to see something you haven't seen very often.