Need another hitchiker ID?

maurice

I guess i am on a roll today,2 in one day already.
I assume this is some type of nudibranch but what kind,good or bad also?I have him QT'ed.I am scared to keep looking,because i just know i will find something bad soon!

T

thomas712

Looks like Tritoniopsis elegans, a soft coral feeder and therefore a bad hitchhiker.

T

thomas712

You may need to keep an eye on the tank around any of your soft corals like the Lobophyton, leathers and such there may be more.

maurice

Yeah i was just reading up on them now that i know what it is,and alot of people usually find more than one or a very large egg ribbon in the tank also.All i can say is :scared: lol Thanks again,i will be a CSI investagator this morning for sure.Should i just throw him out or is he usful in the fuge?

maurice

OK i took your advise and went to search the tank and this guy popped out and scared the____outta me. :scared: I am not having a very good night with hitchikers,i think i am being invaded by them!

T

thomas712

Unless you want to feed him soft corals he wouldn't be much use in the fuge, about all he would do there is find a pump to get into and die. Might as well get rid of him, unless your LFS would like him for some reason.

T

thomas712

OK
OK
put the bristle worm back, he is a good part of any cleanup crew. An try not touching him with your hands or you will wind up with painful brisltes in your fingers.

maurice

I didn't touch him,i used a small turkey baster :hilarious I think he knew i was comming because i had it in my hand and then he just jumped out in front of me.Are you sure he is a good one,he is ugly enough to scare my corals into hibernation!

T

thomas712

Here is one in my tank, he is far bigger than yours, this guy was 6 inches out and I still couldn't see the end of him

maurice

Mine just looks weird due to the red and yellow ends on him,and he is bigger than the pic did him justice,either way he got evicted to the fuge for now!

T

thomas712

Thats fine, and the very type that I have in my fuge, and I have plenty of them.

maurice

Well i am glad you like them,because he is one ugly sucker. :hilarious Your help was very very appreciated this morning,if not for you they would have both been lost in the dark world forever,well one of them is anyway.Thanks again!