need assistance, last minute question before going to get...

adee

Im going to go get my filter today, I need last minute opinions on what i should be getting, there is a large price difference (double) do i need a filter/pump that does 150 gallons per hour or the one that does 250 gallons per hour? My tank is only 37 gallons and i do have a rio skimmer that also has a filter on it. I also have intentions of having live rock and two power heads i nthe tank

fishytim

Do you have sump?
I'm not really sure why you need a filter.... live rock, skimmer, hopfully good movement inside the tank should be all you need...

adee

no, i dont have a sump.. i was told it would be a bit of overkill for a tank as small as mine.
If I dont *need* it then i wont buy it but if it would be beneficial then ill pick one up. I was just curious which one i *should* use.. the one that cycles 150 gallons per hour or 250? I was looking at the marinland penguin biowheel..

locoyo386

Originally Posted by ADEE
http:///forum/post/2901565
Im going to go get my filter today, I need last minute opinions on what i should be getting, there is a large price difference (double) do i need a filter/pump that does 150 gallons per hour or the one that does 250 gallons per hour? My tank is only 37 gallons and i do have a rio skimmer that also has a filter on it. I also have intentions of having live rock and two power heads i nthe tank
Hi there,
I would recomend the 250 gph filter, I have one on my 20 gallon tank. This is just my opinion though. I do know some recomend to filter the volume of water up to 20 times (37*20=740 gph) some say 10 times. Either way the more filtration you the better off you are giong to be. Are you planing a reef tank? If not, the skimmer is just a plus in my opinion.